XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 14/12/06 12:58 AM Posted 14/12/06 12:58 AM why not just buy a second hand one then? Its going to be a 12 month old car?Plus the employee has to hold the car for 6 months I believe and I dont think the discounts on FPVs are as good as standard Fords.
XRT68 Member 49 Member For: 19y 10m 15d Posted 14/12/06 03:01 AM Posted 14/12/06 03:01 AM Ethics? Mate if you tried hard you could get a discount pretty close to employee discounts. Look for an 06 Plate demo early in the new year or even a new 06 plate car in 07.I saved over $5k on a factory order car, cars in stock I could have saved even more. Shopping for deal is fun get 3 or 4 dealers involved and go for it.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/12/06 03:13 AM Posted 14/12/06 03:13 AM Ethics? Mate if you tried hard you could get a discount pretty close to employee discounts. Look for an 06 Plate demo early in the new year or even a new 06 plate car in 07.I saved over $5k on a factory order car, cars in stock I could have saved even more. Shopping for deal is fun get 3 or 4 dealers involved and go for it.← I bought my current car from a Ford employee. I paid $44,500 from memory which was about $2K under the very best fleet discount I could get at the time.He paid about $1500 less for it as the original contract of sale was in the car. If you haggle hard, you will get pretty close price wise.
Guest Guests Posted 14/12/06 05:39 AM Posted 14/12/06 05:39 AM I would find this very hard for anyone to consider unless you pay for the car up front and in full.How would insurace go to.............
pelican Pelican Member 141 Member For: 21y 2m 8d Location: Gold Coast Posted 14/12/06 05:47 AM Author Posted 14/12/06 05:47 AM um... DUH !!.. Car is PAID FOR, by the buyer....Registered under Ford Employee.....Driven by buyer, who pays for Insurance.......after 12 months, documents exchanged to "legally" sell car to buyer.......-----------------------ETHICS - Well, I guess this is for the Ford employees who do this...... It happens a fair bit from what I can tell...... But then again, what about the ethics of Ford, marking up their vehicles by such a large margin for us to buy at retail ????---------------I'm simply looking at this as a valid option to get into an F6..... sooner rather than later...... I'm also looking at a demonstrator with 6000kms on the clock for 49k...... My other option is to wait till Jan/Feb for all the 06 plate runouts that no doubt will happen......Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here.... just looking at alternate options.....
bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 14/12/06 06:09 AM Posted 14/12/06 06:09 AM Could this help?http://www.fordusedcars.com.au/
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/12/06 06:12 AM Posted 14/12/06 06:12 AM um... DUH !!.. Car is PAID FOR, by the buyer....Registered under Ford Employee.....Driven by buyer, who pays for Insurance.......after 12 months, documents exchanged to "legally" sell car to buyer.......-----------------------ETHICS - Well, I guess this is for the Ford employees who do this...... It happens a fair bit from what I can tell...... But then again, what about the ethics of Ford, marking up their vehicles by such a large margin for us to buy at retail ????---------------I'm simply looking at this as a valid option to get into an F6..... sooner rather than later...... I'm also looking at a demonstrator with 6000kms on the clock for 49k...... My other option is to wait till Jan/Feb for all the 06 plate runouts that no doubt will happen......Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here.... just looking at alternate options.....←So whats in this for said "buyer"
Chris xr6 Member 376 Member For: 22y 6m 3d Location: Shire Posted 14/12/06 06:14 AM Posted 14/12/06 06:14 AM Mate I have to say that your name is apt "Pelican"
XRT68 Member 49 Member For: 19y 10m 15d Posted 14/12/06 07:28 AM Posted 14/12/06 07:28 AM I would not let anyone other than family drive a car registered to me for the time frame you are talking about. Ethics aside I am sure there are some laws against what you are asking. I saved $10k buying an 05 Plate SY Territory in 06...
pelican Pelican Member 141 Member For: 21y 2m 8d Location: Gold Coast Posted 14/12/06 07:51 AM Author Posted 14/12/06 07:51 AM my my my... some of you guys are rather touchy aren't you..... Whatever happened to free speech.....Sorry to tell some of you, but this IS HAPPENING now with a few Ford employees that I have heard of...... so build a bridge....As I have said.... I'm looking at the options, and this WAS offered to me in the past......As far as the personal references to my user name, well, I'm not going to bite...... This was all about an interesting discussion about the possibilities of WHAT IS ALREADY BEING DONE....... and that's all it will probably ever be.....There are a few ways to get a discounted car... heck I know... I saved 14k on my T..... here's hoping I can do the same on an F6.....Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now