XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 28/11/06 03:18 AM Posted 28/11/06 03:18 AM (edited) could we get someone who actually runs these tyres giving their opinion please..hardon never said he was doing track days or some sh*t so he is looking for an everyday tire ffs..what tires are you running michael and do they do the job??My local bob jane reckons the bob jane specials aren't a bad tyre either, infact lets all go get some bob jane specials ←I bought some simex tyres old as f*ck and years old off a member here and they are adequate for my needs.. im not saying they will let me take 90 degree turns at 1561640kph but they do the trick for commuting.give him a break[/RANT] Edited 28/11/06 03:20 AM by XR06T
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 28/11/06 06:11 AM Posted 28/11/06 06:11 AM Whilst they may not have been exactly subtle about the way they said it, I think the guys actually have Michael's best interests at heart. It may be true that you need don't need the extra levels of grip afforded by better tyres in MOST cases, but it's not most cases that we're worried about - it's those nasty little unexpected surprises that you never anticipated/saw coming that are the problem. Now, I'm not saying that a better tyre WILL save you in a nasty situation, but they will certainly give you a better chance, absolutely no argument about that. And Zap's right, it makes little difference what power you're running. Even the best drivers are subjected to tricky situations, often through no fault of their own.I'm hardly what you would call an aggressive driver, but my decision to stick with 18" rims was largely due to the fact that I wanted to be able to afford to put decent tyres on the car. It is my daily driver, is driven regularly by my wife and regularly carts around my two little girls. Whilst I don't 'need' the levels of grip my Goodyear F1s can give me, I feel all the better for knowing that, should they be called upon (and I hope I never have to find out), then at least the driver will have a better chance of getting out of a nasty situation unscathed.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/11/06 07:12 AM Posted 28/11/06 07:12 AM could we get someone who actually runs these tyres giving their opinion please..hardon never said he was doing track days or some sh*t so he is looking for an everyday tire ffs..what tires are you running michael and do they do the job??I have hankook's on the back and wanli's on the front, the hankooks are ok I think, but I dont do track or any thing.They grip very well off at the lights and tramping it around a corner but they are wearing out very qucik which im not happy about.(that's not from burn out or anything, apart from wheel spin at the lights)Like I was saying yes they grip better but they also wear out quicker, I know every one bags the crap out of them but the wanli's are holding up fine ive had them for a year or so now and there sweet( well maybe not the camber side).So I dont no if hankooks are good but there doing me fine
hard-on Member 134 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Posted 28/11/06 08:32 AM Author Posted 28/11/06 08:32 AM Thankyou guys for giving me a better insight into this problem.All I needed was other peoples view's to this little tyre debarcle.Anyway I'm not intending to do any track work with her, may even decide to make it more so a looker than a goer for now (not that it hasn't got any go) but when I go to these tyre dealers and they say they arn't that bad makes me think twice about gettin them for now.To bugster,Zap,yperv,xr6t and tmac thankyou for a normal reply with a better understanding into what I should do.To others who seem to think its ok to put on other members questions just to make them feel good heres to u. Get a life knob shiners seriously.Most of the people use this forum to try and get Q's and A's because we all have times were we are not to sure who to believe when it comes to things with our cars.Whether it be tyres,tunes,exhaust,bodykits etc,etc,etc this is the best place to get the best info, from people that`actually own xr6 turbo's, f6's,gt's xr8,s and even xt's that have gone down these modding paths and let all the rest of us know if they had any major griefs on there way.But when you get dic*head remarks it sometimes makes you think twice even bothering askin a question on a dedicated ford site.Anyway rant over from me for now.p.s nobody commented on what rims im lookin at gettin. cmon guys bit of feedback on that aswell not just tyres ffs.Just seems that tyres start a heap of arguments.Wonder why?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/11/06 09:49 AM Posted 28/11/06 09:49 AM I think nobody has commented on the rims because there are 12 rims on that page and you did not specify which on you were looking at. Oh and any black rim will go good on a Rapid F6, although I would keep the stock 18's as I think they look the best
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 24y 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/11/06 09:50 AM Posted 28/11/06 09:50 AM Most of the people use this forum to try and get Q's and A's because we all have times were we are not to sure who to believe when it comes to things with our cars.←Most people use the search engine...
hard-on Member 134 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Posted 28/11/06 09:51 AM Author Posted 28/11/06 09:51 AM Sorry mate im thinkin of gettin the octane'swhaddaya think or
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/11/06 09:54 AM Posted 28/11/06 09:54 AM They look nice, but do they come in 9.5in ?
hard-on Member 134 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Posted 28/11/06 10:09 AM Author Posted 28/11/06 10:09 AM Yep sure do if you look at the normal alloy wheels section it specifies that it comes in a 9.5Anyway some of the tyre boys have made some calls for me and they will definately fit providing I dont have brembos.so it looks good on that note and the salesman said he would be able to get them for me at $410 each including the 9.5's which usually go for $550 a rim.Only downside is that they have to be sent up and they said if I dont like them I have to pay $60 freight to have them returned.
hard-on Member 134 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Posted 28/11/06 10:10 AM Author Posted 28/11/06 10:10 AM Most of the people use this forum to try and get Q's and A's because we all have times were we are not to sure who to believe when it comes to things with our cars.←Most people use the search engine...←Usually I do
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now