937 Member 266 Member For: 20y 3m 3d Posted 11/11/06 03:03 AM Posted 11/11/06 03:03 AM http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...leID=19866&vf=1
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 16d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/11/06 03:24 AM Posted 11/11/06 03:24 AM Wheres my pay cheque holden, come on I wrote an article full of bullsh*t in your favour.These journo`s must be making a killing in kickbacks.Very Very Dissapointed.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 11/11/06 04:12 AM Posted 11/11/06 04:12 AM However, it's worth noting that the Commodore SS-V travelled on the same roads and emerged intact.What a ridiculuos view....This is the same guy's that did the video which has now dissapeared.... I think it's the same test isnt it??
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Posted 11/11/06 04:51 AM Posted 11/11/06 04:51 AM Yep, that sure is the same load of crap that was on there before... minus the video which shows drive.com are frauds....
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/11/06 05:02 AM Posted 11/11/06 05:02 AM However, it's worth noting that the Late model camira SS-V travelled on the same roads and emerged intact.What a ridiculuos view....This is the same guy's that did the video which has now dissapeared.... I think it's the same test isnt it??←It was a load of crap the first time around and it hasn't gained any integrity in the mean time. Interesting to note that the T has 550 Nm of torque
sparksy Member 49 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 11/11/06 05:57 AM Posted 11/11/06 05:57 AM Love how they dont mention that although the new SS is cheeper than the VZ, it is only at the same spec as the SV8.
Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Location: Phillip Island Posted 11/11/06 09:10 AM Posted 11/11/06 09:10 AM important switches such as the hazard light button are obscured by the steering wheel.I fail to see how that is a problem? It's not like you use the hazard lights while in motion..As with all Falcons, the side mirrors are much too small. Trying to see what's behind you through the driver's side mirror is like peering through Ned Kelly's helmet. How do Falcon drivers get to work every day without carving up people in the lane next to them - or running into the car in front because they spend so much time looking over their shoulders?I have no problems. Part of your driving test is checking over your shoulder before changing lanes. It loses you points if you fail to do so. Every side mirror on every car has blind spots - mainly when the front wheels of the car behind are level with your backdoor.I didn't get to see the video they brought out earler due to it being yanked from the site, but the article reeks of fanboy-ism. The problems they speak of with the T are so minor they should'nt even have made print IMHO. I do agree, however, that the XR8 is quite floaty and is a real petrol guzzler. My mate recently bought a BF 8 and he gave me a drive (so he could hear the roar of the 8 as I flew past). It seems to ride higher than the T and is less reponsive in the handling department (I think that's opposite to what these guys reckon). His main concern is the petrol use; whereas I get very good (a lot better than I thought) fuel consumption and he seems to be filling the tank more than he is driving it.But to write the 8 off because it hit a bump in the road is just a fkn farce. I can't believe people get paid to write this sh*t. When I read down further about the T hitting a clay pile I was expecting to read the same tripe. Alas, they didn't go into it, but they had already planted the seed with the 8 sh*t..
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 6d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 12/11/06 03:25 AM Posted 12/11/06 03:25 AM So lets get this stright, they took the cars along roads that most preformance car drivers would never take their babies along (Ford or Holden), and they even make the comment that the Expensive Daewoo travelled along the same roads intact?Talk about a of a "test"... The only reason the Expensive Daewoo made it and the Fords didn't was the Expensive Daewoo was lucky not to have anything (eg rocks ruble etc) jump up and hit it from underneath. I don't know how many ppl here have been on dirt roads before but it really is down to luck on the day as to if a rock will do damage or not.If they wanted to really test these cars they should have taken them for a drive from say Sydney to Melbourne along the princess highway, maybe also up and down a couple of the mountains inbetween (eg up the brown into bombala etc...) Those are the sorts of roads that preformance car drivers will use and therefore would have been the best test to do...
phantom ute Member 105 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/11/06 09:59 PM Posted 22/11/06 09:59 PM isnt Expensive Daewoo a sponsor of drive any or do they own it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now