PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 02/11/06 11:13 AM Posted 02/11/06 11:13 AM yay.... I quit my job today, finally cracked and handed my notice in I have decided to take a new career path by getting into the mines. I have no mining experience whatsoever so if there are any miners/contracters out there that know about job ops for clean skins, im there.Will move any where in aus. but would prefer nrth Q.Will not work for less than 1200per week.Will not work 7 days a week(like I have been)I have a fall back job in the meantime with a family member but they cant afford to pay me that well. only 500 bucks week. I have a second job in a bar so the bills will get paid in the meantime (cigarettes and rum cans will now be rationed by the wife!) Cmon people I got a family to support, help out a felllow T owner thanx in advance
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 02/11/06 11:25 AM Author Posted 02/11/06 11:25 AM cmon help a brutha out. somebody's gotta know somebody or somebody who knows somebody....
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 02/11/06 11:34 AM Author Posted 02/11/06 11:34 AM thanx for all your help champs, tremendous feedback, I owes you all one. neway heres a joke before I go Q. what do you call an Anerexic with thrush?A. A Quarter pounder with Cheese.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/11/06 11:46 AM Posted 02/11/06 11:46 AM geez phantom, it could take longer than 20 mins for a reply @10:30pm.From my understanding it is not difficult to find a job, but I do not think it is any place for a family man. While I am not a miner, my business supports a company that has locations in most mines.You might find it hard to choose your hours as miners get paid a lot because they have to work in difficult conditons/times.I am sure someone that has worked in a mine will give you some more advice.What were you doing before you decided on a career change ?
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 02/11/06 11:54 AM Author Posted 02/11/06 11:54 AM What were you doing before you decided on a career change ?←I was a retail manager at target. sh*t job and surprisingly stressfull. I do know a lot of miners, because im from the hunter valley in nsw, but positions around this way are pretty scarce. was looking to start elsewhere for 6-12months and then try to get work locally after im qualified in either underground mining or dump truck driving (both profitable professions as u may already be aware).I have given this a lot of thought over the last couple of months and have a few contacts in emerald but a wanna have my fingers in a few pies to give me some options.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 02/11/06 12:10 PM Posted 02/11/06 12:10 PM I was a retail manager at target. sh*t job and surprisingly stressfull. I do know a lot of miners, because im from the hunter valley in nsw, but positions around this way are pretty scarce. was looking to start elsewhere for 6-12months and then try to get work locally after im qualified in either underground mining or dump truck driving (both profitable professions as u may already be aware).I have given this a lot of thought over the last couple of months and have a few contacts in emerald but a wanna have my fingers in a few pies to give me some options.←I was talking to a mate on MSN the other day and he was considering a trade as an Industrial Electrician. It takes two years to get your qualifications. I'm pretty sure he said it was through Thiel? or something like that...can't quite remember.I'm also interested in mining but more the geology side of it....Hopefully starting it at uni next year.Lumpy
PhantomFox6 Throbbing Member Member 123 Member For: 20y 3d Location: N.S.Farkin.W. Posted 02/11/06 12:28 PM Author Posted 02/11/06 12:28 PM I'm pretty sure he said it was through Thiel? or something like that...can't quite remember.I'm also interested in mining but more the geology side of it....Hopefully starting it at uni next year.thanks ill give it a look see
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 02/11/06 01:18 PM Posted 02/11/06 01:18 PM ok I will get phone numbers and sh*t for ya later on for ya mate, to get in mines up here you gotta pay bout $800 for your generics that will get you both surface and underground work here in emerald,
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 02/11/06 01:32 PM Posted 02/11/06 01:32 PM ok I will get phone numbers and sh*t for ya later on for ya mate, to get in mines up here you gotta pay bout $800 for your generics that will get you both surface and underground work here in emerald,←What in gods name are Generics?Lumpy
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 02/11/06 02:13 PM Posted 02/11/06 02:13 PM coal board generics, its a course of the ins and outs of coal mining, saftey aspects its virtually a induction but more expensive, oh and rent you are looking at $350+ a week for a 3 bedroom home too
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now