saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 17/05/03 06:22 AM Posted 17/05/03 06:22 AM Congrats Lightning!!!
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 17/05/03 06:57 AM Author Posted 17/05/03 06:57 AM Two other observations from today: And another 2 small things I like:The 'grip' under the boot lid and the glare / sun barrier imprinted on the windscreen between the visors. Fitted my footwell illumination just now, hehe.Oh, I also realised I'd missed something from my signature. KenBoyle, do you have the Sports wheel too? B) Lightning....
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 17/05/03 09:00 AM Posted 17/05/03 09:00 AM Two other observations from today:And another 2 small things I like:The 'grip' under the boot lid and the glare / sun barrier imprinted on the windscreen between the visors. Fitted my footwell illumination just now, hehe.Oh, I also realised I'd missed something from my signature. KenBoyle, do you have the Sports wheel too? B) Lightning....No sports steering wheel, didn't see it on the options list, just the momo. Since then I've seen pics of the sports wheel and it looks great!How does it feel, react, etc.? I'm thinking I might still get it if I see enough positive feedback. The dealer can fit it after the build ...Should I get it?
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 17/05/03 09:25 AM Author Posted 17/05/03 09:25 AM Should I get it? Yes.Seriously though, as you may have seen from previous posts, I wasn't totally happy with the standard wheel. I ordered the Sports after seeing photo's on hee and FF and reading some positive reviews.If you're happy with the momo one, stick with it, if you want to keep up with your sister car, then.... :lol: The standard wheel just seems a bit too chunky for me, don't forget (before others have a go at me) that I came from the Momo wheel on the AUII XR which, I still maintain, is better. However, I do like the way they've rearranged stuff. Without even thinking about it, I turned on the headlights. I like the new location of the cruise on/off and the speed alert. So, it's still just the box-like centre that gets me.Lightning....
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 18/05/03 12:18 AM Author Posted 18/05/03 12:18 AM and here are the ultrasounds:The Trim team and TITAN FORD is proud to present you with a picture of your BA FALCON XR SEDAN passing along the Trim line. At the Trim stage, the interior of your BA FALCON XR SEDAN is crafted together. This picture shows your vehicle just after the instrument cluster was installed. The wiring looms, radio, windscreen and doors are also added at this stage. The Ford assemblers check the entire interior and your vehicle then passes onto the overhead clam where the engine, fuel tank, axles and underbody components are fitted.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 18/05/03 12:19 AM Author Posted 18/05/03 12:19 AM #2:In the Main Framing area the sides and body shell of your vehicle are carefully put together by the experts at the Ford plant. Included in this process are the arrays of robots shown in this picture that are responsible for welding your BA FALCON XR SEDAN sides to the underbody.Continuing through the Body Shop your vehicle starts to take shape as the roof, bonnet and doors are carefully assembled to complete the body of your BA FALCON XR SEDAN. We hope you enjoy the photograph of your BA FALCON XR SEDAN.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 18/05/03 12:20 AM Author Posted 18/05/03 12:20 AM #3:The Overhead Clam team and TITAN FORD is proud to present you with a picture of your BA FALCON XR SEDAN having its engine fitted. This picture shows Ford's state of the art 'clam shell' supporting your vehicle while your 4.0L DOHC VCT I6 TURBO is lifted into the engine bay. Your BA FALCON XR SEDAN also has it's fuel tank, axles and all other components fitted to complete the vehicle.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 18/05/03 12:21 AM Author Posted 18/05/03 12:21 AM #4:This photo shows your BA FALCON XR SEDAN at the end of the Ford production line. Here your BA FALCON XR SEDAN goes through a number of tests and qualityinspections, this process usually takes a couple of days. Following final quality inspection vehicles are marshalled and shipped from the plant. FPV and select XR vehicles are shipped to Ford Performance Vehicles where further work is performed.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 18/05/03 12:23 AM Author Posted 18/05/03 12:23 AM #5:This photo shows your BA FALCON XR SEDAN nearing the final stage of production. Here your BA FALCON XR SEDAN has the headlight alignment before having it's wheel alignment. It then goes through a number of tests of all major vehicle features and a comprehensive evaluation to ensure the vehicle is ready to be shipped to TITAN FORD. This process usually takes a couple of days until final approval of your vehicle.Ford Australia hopes you have enjoyed the series of images taken of your BA FALCON XR SEDAN as it passed through the Ford plant. I have, thanks to all at Ford AustraliaLightning....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now