boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Posted 20/10/06 04:20 AM Posted 20/10/06 04:20 AM Looking for people that have relocated the battery to the boot. Just want to see what the install looks like and how much boot space is lost. Also how people went about it?Was going to get a Oddyssey ect but dont really want to fork out the cash at this stage.Need to get the airfilter away from the hot air.Ideas/suggestions welcome!!! Kym
Guest newl Guests Posted 20/10/06 05:00 AM Posted 20/10/06 05:00 AM Try this thread: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...l=battery++boot
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Posted 20/10/06 05:14 AM Author Posted 20/10/06 05:14 AM (edited) Try this thread: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...l=battery++boot←Can you tell me what page its on there are 15 of them and I'm lazy. Cheers found it! Edited 20/10/06 05:26 AM by boosted_sa
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 20d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 20/10/06 05:41 AM Posted 20/10/06 05:41 AM I used to have the battery in the boot.. wasnt too keen on the idea.. if you do it make sure you get a sealed battery dont use the stock one.. if your not going to change the intercooler piping etc I would put the battery on the right hand side where the airbox used to sit.. I just made a bracket and mounted it there.. much better and you wont loose boot space.. this was an issue for me due to an audio setup.. each to their own.. I had massive audio whine issuse with the long battery lead but other people dont..
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 20/10/06 06:50 AM Posted 20/10/06 06:50 AM Have thought about this myself, you couldn't lose too much boot space.
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Posted 21/10/06 01:30 AM Author Posted 21/10/06 01:30 AM I used to have the battery in the boot.. wasnt too keen on the idea.. if you do it make sure you get a sealed battery dont use the stock one.. if your not going to change the intercooler piping etc I would put the battery on the right hand side where the airbox used to sit.. I just made a bracket and mounted it there.. much better and you wont loose boot space.. this was an issue for me due to an audio setup.. each to their own.. I had massive audio whine issuse with the long battery lead but other people dont..←Yeay would have just put it where the airbox was but the IC plumbing is just too big. I may look at get a different dimension battery to put there! Not that keen on putting it in the boot. Just didn't see a cheap enough option.Is there a minimum CCA battery we should use? 650?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now