obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 22d Location: Qld Posted 28/09/06 08:57 PM Posted 28/09/06 08:57 PM I'm thinking of having Hurricane extractors put on and a high flow cat. My car is fairly new and im wondering if the mods will effect my warranty.So far for the mods I got quoted $500. Later I want to upgrade the front rotors and pads as well. The standard brakes are a bit ordinary after a few firm stops.Whats ya thoughts??←You are running Premium Brakes on your car. I don't have a problem with mine, far better than the standard one's I had on the BA XR8 & no out of round Disc's from the factory.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 29/09/06 12:53 AM Posted 29/09/06 12:53 AM I spoke to my dealer (about putting in gauges and affecting warrenty) he said as long as it connected to the problem, ie. Oil pressure runs off oil pressure switch and that fails then it wont b covered. But your tail gate (ute) falling off will be covered
wiresquire Member 266 Member For: 21y 10m 13d Posted 29/09/06 08:35 AM Posted 29/09/06 08:35 AM I've got a Q about warranty too, so thought I would ask it here.I've been looking at a XR6T that has a manufacture date of Jan 04, but it was first registered in Jun 04. Does the 3 year warranty go from the date of manufacture, or the date it was first registered?Cheersws
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/09/06 10:09 AM Posted 29/09/06 10:09 AM Goes from the date it was delivered to the customer I would think. That or date of first reg, not build date.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 01/10/06 06:46 AM Author Posted 01/10/06 06:46 AM Absolutely the date it was delivered to the customer and the customer signed for it.
GT290 Member 320 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Location: Brisbane Posted 01/10/06 07:00 AM Posted 01/10/06 07:00 AM mate, the way I see it if you want to mod your car... you play you pay..
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 02/10/06 03:34 AM Author Posted 02/10/06 03:34 AM mate, the way I see it if you want to mod your car... you play you pay..←Yeah agree with that. Mods can equate to playing with fire if a claim needs to be made and gives Ford an excuse to reject. But 2.5 years of warrnty to go is a long wait. Should have got the Phoon!!!!!!!
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/10/06 04:19 AM Posted 03/10/06 04:19 AM 2.5 years of warrnty to go is a long wait. Should have got the Phoon!!!!!!!←Trust me, it doesn't make it any easier...
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/06 05:04 AM Posted 04/10/06 05:04 AM 2.5 years of warrnty to go is a long wait. Should have got the Phoon!!!!!!!←Trust me, it doesn't make it any easier...←Some of us were pushin' it gettin the T but I was thinkn waiting for like 2 years then nizpro has their 12 month warrenty on their stuff.. has anybody delt with them on a warrenty thingy?
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/10/06 06:11 AM Posted 04/10/06 06:11 AM Nizpro are pretty safe, I'd be surprised if anyone had to claim on a Nizpro warranty.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now