Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 28/09/06 03:34 AM Posted 28/09/06 03:34 AM I'm thinking of having Hurricane extractors put on and a high flow cat. My car is fairly new and im wondering if the mods will effect my warranty.So far for the mods I got quoted $500. Later I want to upgrade the front rotors and pads as well. The standard brakes are a bit ordinary after a few firm stops.Whats ya thoughts??
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Posted 28/09/06 03:38 AM Posted 28/09/06 03:38 AM Extractors???? your car is turbo. Any exhaust mod will effect your warrenty.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/09/06 04:37 AM Posted 28/09/06 04:37 AM Forget extractors, I'd be looking at injectors, upgraded fuel pump and intercooler. Oh and any mods = good luck with trying to claim warranty.
Guest Guests Posted 28/09/06 04:44 AM Posted 28/09/06 04:44 AM Sometimes, if your dealer's not a complete then you can get them to write down the mods on your warranty card and if one of those mods breaks then its not covered by warranty. If a factory part breaks, and it's not a direct result of the mods I.e electric windows wont work, then it will still be under warranty.Hope this helps
jeromie0 Member 49 Member For: 20y 1m 23d Posted 28/09/06 05:55 AM Posted 28/09/06 05:55 AM Hey I went through the same questions, and it really does depend on the guy you get there at Ford. The other options is to keep the stock parts and just revert back to normal if there is an issue. Brakes shouldn't be an issue as is suspension (so I have been told). I If you were putting a high flow cat, then consider removing the centre muffler as from what I have read, dump pipe on the xr6 turbo isn't too bad for mild modifications. If you aren't driving a turbo, then an ecu upgrade along with a cat back exhaust would probably be the best bet.
bangm001 Member 307 Member For: 20y 9m 23d Posted 28/09/06 08:46 AM Posted 28/09/06 08:46 AM Extractor (singular), or is this for an 8? If its for your T, everyone here will say edit..
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Posted 28/09/06 08:49 AM Posted 28/09/06 08:49 AM OK went to my dealer tonight for some warrenty work and having a chat tell em its edited they dont seem to mind aslong as the problem isnt related to the mods done.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 28/09/06 11:29 AM Author Posted 28/09/06 11:29 AM I thought as much as what most of you have said. If the mod doesnt cause the problem than it shouldnt effect warranty. Gee I cant really see how how an EDIT would affect a claim on my doors not locking.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 28/09/06 11:34 AM Posted 28/09/06 11:34 AM High ranking member on this forum have had a misaligning bonnets rejected due to mods. They said he had to open the bonnet too much and would not be under warranty....true story
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Posted 28/09/06 11:45 AM Posted 28/09/06 11:45 AM High ranking member on this forum have had a misaligning bonnets rejected due to mods. They said he had to open the bonnet too much and would not be under warranty....true story←The car was on the warrenty black list, the bonnet did get fixed but took a long time and was a apperntly a big muck around. As a matter of fact the car in question was used as an example for the black list
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now