RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 26/09/06 11:32 AM Posted 26/09/06 11:32 AM Might be a boost leak through the stock bov ( if you still have it )... mine was leaking over 6psi and on 10psi only made 12kws more but about 150nm more.gapped your plugs too?
WaRz0r Member 44 Member For: 20y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/09/06 11:43 AM Author Posted 26/09/06 11:43 AM I pmed Goldie but he had not got back to me as of yet. I will get him to look over it. I have not gapped the plugs as of yet but am looking to do it this week. I have upgraded to a GFB Bov so I dont think its a boost leak through that. craig
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 26/09/06 11:48 AM Posted 26/09/06 11:48 AM I pmed Goldie but he had not got back to me as of yet. I will get him to look over it. I have not gapped the plugs as of yet but am looking to do it this week. I have upgraded to a GFB Bov so I dont think its a boost leak through that. craig←I dont think Goldie has been on for a couple of days, all my bullcrap posts havnt been deleted But seriously if you want to contact him his business sponsors this forumhttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showforum=107hes business nick name is ISAR and has his contact number to P.S Ian you can pay me for this advert later
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 26/09/06 11:50 AM Posted 26/09/06 11:50 AM You need to re gap the plugs, that's a given... how does the 8(?)psi tune feel in comparison to the 10psi tune? If it feels the same or less then I'd say the tunes are fine ( well, as good as generics get ) and you have a boost leak... Are all the clamps tight? And is that pesky clamp on the turbo outlet replaced with a decent one? Theres alot of places where a leak can occure... Whats your boost guage reading ??
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 26/09/06 01:12 PM Posted 26/09/06 01:12 PM Id say it could be a boost leak somewere but I still thinkyou should change tuner to someone that's more fimilair with theXR6T.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 26/09/06 11:19 PM Posted 26/09/06 11:19 PM What tunes are in the box?I thought CAPA now sends the boxes out empty and the tuner loads in the tunes...
Guest Guests Posted 26/09/06 11:49 PM Posted 26/09/06 11:49 PM I've seen mini-mokes pull better dyno readings than that!!!Daz
repsolme Member 6 Member For: 20y 5m 22d Posted 28/09/06 02:10 PM Posted 28/09/06 02:10 PM ok first thing warzor 1. undo the battery terminals overnight (make sure factory tune in) this resets the factory tune to original. 2. get some wd 40 and remove the hose from the boost soliniod and spray a liberal amount down into the solioniod. leave for half hour and go for a drive and see if power is up, 1. resetting the factory tune to original eliminates the dealer flash if they did one, 2. the soliniod gets dry and sticks requires lubing now and then. this is worth a try as it has helped people on another forum.I guess if it feels more power after trying this you will need to re dyno to see if correct,if this fails take it to reputable tuner.Rep
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 28/09/06 09:33 PM Posted 28/09/06 09:33 PM not one to bag tunners but you need to see a reputable tuner and have the car looked at... if you want results its the only way to go.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 28/09/06 10:30 PM Posted 28/09/06 10:30 PM ok first thing warzor 1. undo the battery terminals overnight (make sure factory tune in) this resets the factory tune to original. 2. get some wd 40 and remove the hose from the boost soliniod and spray a liberal amount down into the solioniod. leave for half hour and go for a drive and see if power is up, 1. resetting the factory tune to original eliminates the dealer flash if they did one, 2. the soliniod gets dry and sticks requires lubing now and then. this is worth a try as it has helped people on another forum.I guess if it feels more power after trying this you will need to re dyno to see if correct,if this fails take it to reputable tuner.Rep←Point 1 is incorrect. If the car has been flashed then that is the tune that the car will have, regardless of whether you reset.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now