ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/09/06 10:55 AM Posted 23/09/06 10:55 AM Was on my way to Cricket today I got hit up the rear by an Astra.I was doing a legal U turn and about 1/4 of the way around the turn WHAM I get hit and the car is spun about 180deg. I hit my head on the drivers window, but aside from that I was ok. The chick driving the Astra was ok as well.Luckly I was a bit dazed or I would have given her a serve. She was nice and turned out to be the sister of my teammate.Luckly she hit me as I was moving or it weould have been heaps worse as she did not brake at all and would have been doing 70km/h.This is the first crash I have been in in over 10 years, I am usually good at avoiding them
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 23/09/06 11:00 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:00 AM sorry to hear zap... luckily its not too bad... looks cosmetic and should be good as new soon . I know how you feel as my car was hit up the arse a few months ago
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 23/09/06 11:04 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:04 AM Ouch, its good your ok, and not much you can do about someone about to rear end you either.
sinnkexr6t Member 291 Member For: 20y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Hampton Park Posted 23/09/06 11:07 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:07 AM astra 1 f6 0Ok, F6 owners look out for astras its time for payback
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 23/09/06 11:10 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:10 AM I recogn you have about $5000 damage hope shes got insurance?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/09/06 11:14 AM Author Posted 23/09/06 11:14 AM Yeah, I thought about $5-6k as the rear bar is $2.5k by iteslf.I have checked to make sure it has no dents in the 1/4's or the roof, so its all just bolt on's. I do not know how much damage is behind the bar though.She has insurance, so NRMA can have a fight with NRMA, at least I am not at fault.
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/09/06 11:19 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:19 AM I recogn you have about $5000 damage hope shes got insurance?←I dont think so Jet.mine cost the insurance co. over $10,000 and have a look at it
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 23/09/06 11:23 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:23 AM I recogn you have about $5000 damage hope shes got insurance?←I dont think so Jet.mine cost the insurance co. over $10,000 and have a look at it ←faark... I was basing it on my accident (see above).. this was just on $5K.. I know the phoon parts are far more expensive
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 23/09/06 11:29 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:29 AM sorry to hear that,irrespective of who is at fault it's a royal pain getting a car fixed.Was she good looking atleast?If you must get done in the rear end, much better to be by a good looking chick!
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/09/06 11:34 AM Posted 23/09/06 11:34 AM faark... I was basing it on my accident (see above).. this was just on $5K.. I know the phoon parts are far more expensive that's true, mine was so expensive because there was alot of damage that you couldn't see (like how the exhaust was pushed in by 5cm). The car that hit me was written off as well, too bad it want an astra, that would have evened up the score for zap
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now