NATHOON Legacy Donating Member 197 Member For: 20y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/09/06 03:27 AM Posted 10/09/06 03:27 AM Hi I have a problem with rising boost as the revs lift. My car has wog cooler 4 inch dump 3 1/2 inch system,springs ,injectors 9.5psi actuator & and an 044. With all the boost pulled out of the tune (edit) boost still rises to a peek of about 18psi and I cannot control it. I think the wastegate has to be ported but I just want to know if other people have had a problem and what they did
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 10/09/06 03:39 AM Posted 10/09/06 03:39 AM At 18psi, it wont be a problem for much longer......
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 10/09/06 03:41 AM Posted 10/09/06 03:41 AM Try running a air line from where you get your boost signal from straight to the actuator,this will take out any problem you are having with the boost solinoide.you should only get around the same boost as your actuator. (9-10psi)running the standed crossover, you should be able to control boost easy, if there was no problem. David
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/09/06 03:53 AM Posted 10/09/06 03:53 AM I had a pro where I thought the wastegate was the problem but ended up being my cat! Punched a hole through it, Fixed!
NATHOON Legacy Donating Member 197 Member For: 20y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/09/06 04:07 AM Author Posted 10/09/06 04:07 AM (edited) do you mean disconect the actuator line and run compressed air into it then run the car and thoereticly it should only go to 9.5-10 psi. But I have the feeling when I up the boost to 15 psi the mabe the wastegate cannot flow enough cause of there is no restriction with the 4 inch dump? are people having problems with there boost solenoids? Edited 10/09/06 04:08 AM by NATHOON
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 10/09/06 05:11 AM Posted 10/09/06 05:11 AM no the line is just bypassing the solinoide. all you would be doing is running it like a old style one with no electronic controll just as a test. and it will be controlled by the 9.5 psi actuator.yes I know of one that stayed shut, and poped his motorI was just thinking, maybe it is worth having a quick check that the lines are still on the actuator, if it comes off, that will cause it to. the line should go from the wastegate actuator to the solinoide, and then to the turbo.the exhaust dump will give you trouble if you did not change your tune. but if you have zeroed your wastegate duty table, and it is still doing it, there must be a problem. David
Muzza No V6 for me thanks!! Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 21y 2m 2d Location: Newcastle Posted 10/09/06 05:44 AM Posted 10/09/06 05:44 AM Hi I have a problem with rising boost as the revs lift. My car has wog cooler 4 inch dump 3 1/2 inch system,springs ,injectors 9.5psi actuator & and an 044. With all the boost pulled out of the tune (edit) boost still rises to a peek of about 18psi and I cannot control it. I think the wastegate has to be ported but I just want to know if other people have had a problem and what they did ←You will need it retuned as everything changes once the Accuator is changed.My sugestion until you get it retuned get a manual boost controler(about $60) before it goes you will be able to get it where you want but will come on early. Muzza.
NATHOON Legacy Donating Member 197 Member For: 20y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/09/06 05:58 AM Author Posted 10/09/06 05:58 AM Thanks guys before I rip the turbo off to port ill give it one last run on the dyno and check that the solinoid is not f*cked! Thanks for your help
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 10/09/06 06:00 AM Posted 10/09/06 06:00 AM Hi I have a problem with rising boost as the revs lift. My car has wog cooler 4 inch dump 3 1/2 inch system,springs ,injectors 9.5psi actuator & and an 044. With all the boost pulled out of the tune (edit) boost still rises to a peek of about 18psi and I cannot control it. I think the wastegate has to be ported but I just want to know if other people have had a problem and what they did ←You will need it retuned as everything changes once the Accuator is changed.My sugestion until you get it retuned get a manual boost controler(about $60) before it goes you will be able to get it where you want but will come on early. Muzza.←Yeh but he said he had pulled the boost out with the flashtune, but it still went high
Muzza No V6 for me thanks!! Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 21y 2m 2d Location: Newcastle Posted 10/09/06 06:10 AM Posted 10/09/06 06:10 AM Hi I have a problem with rising boost as the revs lift. My car has wog cooler 4 inch dump 3 1/2 inch system,springs ,injectors 9.5psi actuator & and an 044. With all the boost pulled out of the tune (edit) boost still rises to a peek of about 18psi and I cannot control it. I think the wastegate has to be ported but I just want to know if other people have had a problem and what they did ←You will need it retuned as everything changes once the Accuator is changed.My sugestion until you get it retuned get a manual boost controler(about $60) before it goes you will be able to get it where you want but will come on early. Muzza.←Yeh but he said he had pulled the boost out with the flashtune, but it still went high←I'm no expert as I'm still learning the software but there is a number of things controling the boost depending if it's in open or close loop. wastegate duty cycle,desired boost,integerial gain.etc. Mate try the manual boost controler first until you get the right settings at least you will be able to drive it & on the dyno you will get a sweat boost level without having too reflash your box after each change.. I'm in the process of getting mine sorted after putting a 8lb acuator on.I'm still in two mind if I'm putting the standard acuator back on.Good luck let us know your results.Muzza
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now