LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 08:34 AM Posted 04/09/06 08:34 AM Its happened to me twice now and im not sure if its a problem. In the wet when iv given it a little squirt or just trying to take of at the lights and the wheels lose a little bit of traction the light comes on by itself and stays on which means the traction is off and when I try press the button to turn it back off again it does nothing, the light still stays on, until I turn the car off and stat it again. Has that happened to anyone else before?ThanxNesh
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/09/06 08:37 AM Posted 04/09/06 08:37 AM Are you stock?
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 08:39 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 08:39 AM have edit generic 8psi, typhoon CAI and BMC filter
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/09/06 08:44 AM Posted 04/09/06 08:44 AM That'd be it then. Can recall several edited guys having problems when the traction control just decides to give up.
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 08:47 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 08:47 AM Ok cool thanx. When I get a custom tune, does the tuner permantly disable it coz I seem to forget a lot of the time to turn it off when starting the car?thanxNesh
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 04/09/06 08:47 AM Posted 04/09/06 08:47 AM From what I can gather tc dissengages itself when it can no longer cope, the light stays on the only way to fix it is to turn off the car for a second and turn it on. Probably because we are working outside the original parameters.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 04/09/06 08:49 AM Posted 04/09/06 08:49 AM why are you driving with the traction control on anyway specially in the wet
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 08:53 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 08:53 AM why are you driving with the traction control on anyway specially in the wet ←that's why I asked if a custom tune can disengauge it permanantly coz I forget most of the time to turn it off. When youve come from a sh*tty car that has no options and gadgets in it, to a new car with all these functions you tend not to use them and forget that your car has them
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 04/09/06 08:57 AM Posted 04/09/06 08:57 AM When youve come from a sh*tty car that has no options and gadgets in it, to a new car with all these functions you tend not to use them and forget that your car has them ←Yeah mate I know what you mean I jumped from an EF to BA and I was like ok how dose all this stuff in hear work lol but that traction button is second nature to me now, I jump in start the car and turn it off then go for a drive lol
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 09:07 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 09:07 AM Well I muffed my clutch coz of the bloody stupid t/c. My mate told me to sk8 the street and I forgot to turn it off and I burned the sh*t out of my clutch now I cant even flat shift coz it slips.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now