Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 21/08/06 01:52 PM Posted 21/08/06 01:52 PM XR6T8U,the JL's are awesome subs. not cheap but u get what u pay for. the W6's would be great. ATLEAST 500rms per sub should get them pumping as their pretty efficient but anything upto 1200rms per sub definately wont do any harm either.just make sure you dont get any clipping when final tuning, the subs usually drown out the mids and u cant hear the clipping (if any, properly amped speakers shouldnt clip).goodluck!oh, I hope your going a ported box?? with that quality of gear dont waste your time on a sealed setup... your just robbing yourself of dB!!!!
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 21d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 21/08/06 08:25 PM Posted 21/08/06 08:25 PM Does anyone here have any experience with the 12w3v3's and 3v2's?I can get these cheap though a mate but have no idea how they sound.ThanksChris
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/08/06 06:31 AM Author Posted 22/08/06 06:31 AM Does anyone here have any experience with the 12w3v3's and 3v2's?I can get these cheap though a mate but have no idea how they sound.ThanksChris ←I had 2 12" W3'S in my last car and they were the best! that's why im sticking with JL Audio! Thereason im going 2 10's is for clearer punchier bass! Trough Lolly this set up in the pics is ported, Before the el I had my first car EA, hehe anyway I had a sealed box in that and sounded so much better, clearer, cleaner! Ported was louder, but sealed sounded heaps better! The only reason I went ported was the reason u just said but I eneded up going backwards! If u enjoy it louder have them ported! If u want is clearer and cleaner seal them! But then again what do I know im a plumber!
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 22/08/06 10:58 AM Posted 22/08/06 10:58 AM Yeah JLs love sealed boxes, just make it thick, heavy and braced to the max... and go for 12s man, 2 12s in a very soild large box will be tight, low and hit very hard... 10s pfft
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/08/06 11:31 AM Author Posted 22/08/06 11:31 AM Nah I'll stick with the 10's, sound better! I'll post some pics up when its in!
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 22/08/06 11:34 AM Posted 22/08/06 11:34 AM Cool, should sound great... but in my book, anything less than a 12 and doesnt lower the back of the car 2inches isnt a sub
PSISIX Member 42 Member For: 21y 5m 28d Location: perth Posted 28/08/06 07:59 AM Posted 28/08/06 07:59 AM ive got 2 w713's and 2 x 1000/1 mono blocks and 300/4 running the speakers!!!its all sitting in my room at the moment as ive just sold my car and ripped it all out! but all I can say is u need ear muffs!
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/09/06 07:05 AM Author Posted 03/09/06 07:05 AM Here they are 2 10" W6 and a 1000/1 Monoblock amp, when I first saw them I though how much bass can u possibly get out of 10's? until we tuned them and eneded up with blood noses! This stuff is serious stuff! Little on the expensive side but u pay for what u get! My previous 2 12" W3's have nothing on these 10" W6's! Amazing stuff!
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 03/09/06 09:25 AM Posted 03/09/06 09:25 AM that's a tidy job man, well done indeed.Good 10's are great, I have a focal 10 in my theater and its awesome... sofa moving fun
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/09/06 03:14 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 03:14 AM Thanks RAP1D!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now