LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 16d Posted 17/08/06 11:35 PM Posted 17/08/06 11:35 PM I have been reading the exhaust threads but am not 100% sure and understand. My question is, can I put a highflow cat with just my generic 8psi and it will be ok? Will it go into limp mode? Or it doesnt matter whether you have edit and generic tunes you must get custom tune after installing highflow cat?ThanxNesh
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Posted 18/08/06 12:08 AM Posted 18/08/06 12:08 AM I think you should be ok running a high flow cat with teh generic tune, lets say I THINK, because the torque tags have been lifted some1 please feel free to correct me if im wrong
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 18/08/06 01:17 AM Posted 18/08/06 01:17 AM It's not the limp mode you need to be concerned with, as the parameters have been adjusted to ensure overboost will not trigger it.As you would know, more flow = more boost. Therefore, with everything else being the same, you need to be careful about leaning out.
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 16d Posted 18/08/06 02:13 AM Author Posted 18/08/06 02:13 AM (edited) So there is no way to tell whether its leaning out or not unless you put it on the dyno? I will be getting a custom tune done, im just waiting until it gets near the end of factory warranty running out which is january. Iv got 968's and I want a highflow cat and im still undecided whether to do valve springs aswell as they are pricey to have done.Nesh Edited 18/08/06 02:14 AM by nesh
Damo Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 22y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/08/06 02:25 AM Posted 18/08/06 02:25 AM So there is no way to tell whether its leaning out or not unless you put it on the dyno?If you have the funds available for a pod (see Miss Aly) and a couple of guages, get yourself an AFR guage. I had said in a previous post (as had others) that these seemed pretty useless but I saw it being useful when a mate's VY S was pinging. He found it was leaning out under full throttle - the reason was oil from his K&N panel filter had dirtied his MAF sensor & was confusing the computer. Cleaned it up and good as new. Saved him an expensive one-off trip to a dyno.Too bad they look rice at night.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Posted 18/08/06 03:13 AM Posted 18/08/06 03:13 AM So there is no way to tell whether its leaning out or not unless you put it on the dyno? I will be getting a custom tune done, im just waiting until it gets near the end of factory warranty running out which is january. Iv got 968's and I want a highflow cat and im still undecided whether to do valve springs aswell as they are pricey to have done.Nesh←The boost should self correct itself when installing a hi flow cat, its just if the exhaust is to free flowing, the small factory wastegate might not be able to bleed enough air to componsate, this will then cause your boost spike. If your going to the point of doing injectors, do your valve springs otherwise your wasting your time doing injectors.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 18/08/06 03:14 AM Posted 18/08/06 03:14 AM were abouts is the MAF Sensor on the T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now