tford6 Member 52 Member For: 21y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mid North Coast,N.S.W Posted 08/08/06 12:52 AM Posted 08/08/06 12:52 AM Hi everyone,Just after some idea's on whether to buy new wheels or not.My tyres are about had it and for a couple of hundred bucks more I am thinking maybe a wheel/tyre deal from somewhere.Any advice/pic's/links would be appreciated.ThanksBob.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Posted 08/08/06 01:07 AM Posted 08/08/06 01:07 AM I think that you might either want to look on the second hand market or see if you can swindle a trade on your rims on some 18's as I dont think that budget will allow you to stretch to 19s
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 08/08/06 01:10 AM Posted 08/08/06 01:10 AM (edited) Here are some Ford Falcon specials offered by Tempe Tyres...And here are some 18" package deals from the same place...And another one, Wheel King, they are located in Melbourne but do ship interstate...Jack Edited 08/08/06 01:14 AM by XR6T8_U
tford6 Member 52 Member For: 21y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mid North Coast,N.S.W Posted 08/08/06 01:21 AM Author Posted 08/08/06 01:21 AM Thanks for the links,Off to work,will check them out tonight...I know 1200ish bucks isn't much,I was lucky enough that my wife let me get the car in the first place,trying to save a deposit for a house.Don't want to push her too far...Ha Ha
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Posted 08/08/06 01:23 AM Posted 08/08/06 01:23 AM if your after a different look for the car why not just lower it and keep the stock wheels. Its cheaper than wheels and well tyres are cheaper on stock 17s to.
VIBErator Member 35 Member For: 20y 8m 2d Gender: Male Posted 08/08/06 09:38 AM Posted 08/08/06 09:38 AM BobI'm facing the same dilemna. The original Dunlop 3000s will have covered 40000kms by the end of this month, and due for replacement.Originally I planned on a set of 19"s, but after driving another XR6 with 245/35 19"s found the ride too firm for a daily driver and family taxi.Also, there is a fair price hike for the larger size rubber, and besides, I think they would make my stock BA brakes look.... inadequate So now I've settled on 18"s, and leaning towards Lenso Sagas. With Kumho 712s, hope to get them for around $1400. http://www.allwheels.com.au/index.php?cate...=23&p2_start=36I also like the Apec AP Design in shadow chrome, but sort of got lost against my car's dark duco. $1300 on eBay with Nankangs.... hmmmhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
tford6 Member 52 Member For: 21y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mid North Coast,N.S.W Posted 09/08/06 11:50 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 11:50 AM I also like the Apec AP Design in shadow chrome,just don't know what they would look like on envi I don't know what way to go
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 5d Posted 09/08/06 11:54 AM Posted 09/08/06 11:54 AM sell your rims u will get atleast $600 for em then u have $1800 the go the the tyre factory and get urself some konigs (unknown)..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now