Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted (edited)
Hey Mickey G, does your car still rev up to 2000rpm on a cold startup. Mine didn't after the tune, but has started doing it again! Traction Control is switching off again as well.

try reflash it!!!!

Thanks Nick, I'll try it and let you know. By the way, If I put a 3.5" dump pipe with a metal cat into a twin 2.5" cat back system, what effects would it have on your tune.

I have already added the cat back twin 2.5" system and there does not appear to have any adveres effects!

Yeah mine still revs up hard at the start when cold. The TC switches off only when things get hectic and there is a consistant loss of traction under heavy work condition

other than that all is well.

Daryl why dont you change the cooler on your car first. It makes the car run better with the standard muffler, and its not an expensive mod.

How much is the cat baack 2.5"? does it sound different?

MG

Edited by mickey_gee
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 20d
  • Location: Mehico
Posted
Hey Mickey G, does your car still rev up to 2000rpm on a cold startup. Mine didn't after the tune, but has started doing it again! Traction Control is switching off again as well.

try reflash it!!!!

Thanks Nick, I'll try it and let you know. By the way, If I put a 3.5" dump pipe with a metal cat into a twin 2.5" cat back system, what effects would it have on your tune.

I have already added the cat back twin 2.5" system and there does not appear to have any adveres effects!

Yeah mine still revs up hard at the start when cold. The TC switches off only when things get hectic and there is a consistant loss of traction under heavy work condition

other than that all is well.

Daryl why dont you change the cooler on your car first. It makes the car run better with the standard muffler, and its not an expensive mod.

How much is the cat baack 2.5"? does it sound different?

MG

Well, I see I'm not alone with these problems. :laughing:

I think I'll go see Dynowog today & see if he's found a fix yet.

Other than the cold start issue, I'm quite happy with the resulsts (270+rwkw) & you could even say...The results speak for them selves! :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted
Hey Mickey G, does your car still rev up to 2000rpm on a cold startup. Mine didn't after the tune, but has started doing it again! Traction Control is switching off again as well.

try reflash it!!!!

I tried it, still the same!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted
Hey Mickey G, does your car still rev up to 2000rpm on a cold startup. Mine didn't after the tune, but has started doing it again! Traction Control is switching off again as well.

try reflash it!!!!

Thanks Nick, I'll try it and let you know. By the way, If I put a 3.5" dump pipe with a metal cat into a twin 2.5" cat back system, what effects would it have on your tune.

I have already added the cat back twin 2.5" system and there does not appear to have any adveres effects!

Yeah mine still revs up hard at the start when cold. The TC switches off only when things get hectic and there is a consistant loss of traction under heavy work condition

other than that all is well.

Daryl why dont you change the cooler on your car first. It makes the car run better with the standard muffler, and its not an expensive mod.

How much is the cat baack 2.5"? does it sound different?

MG

I used a Redback Cat Back system. It's around $400ish. Hard to say if there has been any power gain, the note however is a bit deeper. Probably not worth it but I'm too lazy to take it off!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...