drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 20d Location: leonay Posted 11/07/06 05:14 AM Posted 11/07/06 05:14 AM hey guys.I have the opportunity to buy brand spanka typhoon rims (0.5 days old) (the 18inch, not the black 19's) for 1400 or 2300 with falken tyres.should I or shouldnt II have no idea what they are worth.
black bullet Member 56 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: brisbane city Posted 11/07/06 06:17 AM Posted 11/07/06 06:17 AM to buy them from ford they are $780.00 each so $1400 is a good price
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Location: Perth WA Posted 11/07/06 06:22 AM Posted 11/07/06 06:22 AM Ford want $780 for each 18" rim???? fooks sake what a bunch of theiving mofos
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Posted 11/07/06 08:40 AM Posted 11/07/06 08:40 AM I think you should buy them and then sell them to me for the price you bought them for
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 20d Location: leonay Posted 11/07/06 09:00 AM Author Posted 11/07/06 09:00 AM I think you should buy them and then sell them to me for the price you bought them for ←well I bought them. im just not doing the selling bit
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: ACT Posted 11/07/06 01:08 PM Posted 11/07/06 01:08 PM The only sucky thing about the F6 wheels (for the sedan) is that they are different front to back, so you need to strip and refit. Just to rotate the tyres...
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/07/06 01:19 PM Posted 11/07/06 01:19 PM just on the topic of typhoon wheels, im looking at getting the black 19inch typhoon wheels. does anyone know some good places where I might be able to pick up a set and for how much?. one company quoted me at over $6000. I have also emailed FPV and asked how much they charge and they replied "the black wheels are exclusive to the typhoon and we therefore cannot sell them directly to the public".
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 26d Posted 12/07/06 04:34 AM Posted 12/07/06 04:34 AM Antisocial,Are you sure you can't swap fronts to rears? I am certain this is exactly what my tyre dealer did when I first scrubbed my rears. They put the fronts on the back and put new ones on the rear wheels and put them at the front.
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 26d Posted 12/07/06 04:37 AM Posted 12/07/06 04:37 AM If they were different, what is the spare? A front or a rear?Sounds wrong to me. If this si the case, what happens if you do swap fronts to rears? Mine are definitely swapped. I had a mark on a front wheel that is now on the rear.
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 20d Location: leonay Posted 12/07/06 05:17 AM Author Posted 12/07/06 05:17 AM they certainly are different. we looked at the studs before putting on the wheels and 2 studs (the back I assume) were 3/8 of an inch longer than the other two. so the wheels are different.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now