Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Location: WARWICK QLD
Posted
Guy's due to my car being custom edited it is now too powerful for the standard clutch, I need some ideas on what to buy and where from ? I am in Sydney and would love some prices if possible.....

MMMMMM POWER

MMMMMM whats that smell?????

oh crap clutch maybe !!!!

MMMMMMMM oh well it was worth it

Mal Wood Auto can supply a great clutch kit for your 5 speed Turbo, our kit includes New High/Performance pressure plate, New High/Performance cera/metallic Clutch disc and a New C.S.C. Give John Houlder @ Intune Motorsport a call, his workshop is at Castle Hill. He will be only too happy to help. Mal Wood

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
if your going to be getting more power down the line then the option for you is to upgrade to a T56 gearbox before your T5

eats itself for breakfast, failing that the xtreme clutch seems to be the go for the T5 your best bet would be to give xxxr6t a pm as he has one fitted to his T and is running a little bit more power then you

and why is it when there is a thread on clutches there is allways a fool saying get an auto? but when the thread's about shat autos pop up everybody jumps up and gives a decent answer....  :stirthepot:

Could it be that Auto drivers are deluded jealous individuals?

:smilielol:

Scotty

PS I have heard that ShockXR6T has an auto licence only

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 13d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Mal woods are always a good option. :spoton: I ran a extreme clutch with a modified centre on my T5 with 305rwkw, and gave it hell. I did alot of development on it for Race Brakes, hence I was challenged to try to break it.

The reason for the modded centre was to ensure driveability in city traffic, we ended up with a clutch that drove the same as stock (My wife regularly drove the car). In fact the dealer never picked up on the fact it was running a 600hp clutch.

The most damage I did was not the clutch or box (T5 Gearbox is weak anyway) but sheared off the spline on my axel.

There are plenty of threads relating to clutch options on the forum. :pinch:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Hmmmm, I was never awair that you need a new or adjusted clutch for 250rwkw.

How about the 6speeds, can they hold 250-275??

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 7d
  • Location: MENAI, NSW
Posted
Hmmmm, I was never awair that you need a new or adjusted clutch for 250rwkw.

How about the 6speeds, can they hold 250-275??

The 6speeds hold but the clutch kit behind it will start slipping at that power. Mine did.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Hmmmm, I was never awair that you need a new or adjusted clutch for 250rwkw.

How about the 6speeds, can they hold 250-275??

The 6speeds hold but the clutch kit behind it will start slipping at that power. Mine did.

Thanks for that info, what cost range should I be pricing for??

Here I was pricing for $2500 to $3000 for that power range now I will have to add more.

  • 5 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 20d
Posted

I have an xr6 turbo ute with forged engine runnings around 20psi and it has a button clutch in it, lasted maybe a year and a half and has started slipping so dont bother going that way and also the gearbox has been replaced it destroyed itself with the power so start thinking about upgrading that as well. but from who ive talked to the mal woods option 3 clutch is the way to go, a mate of mine has one in his xr6t sedan and loves it.

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Threads 5 years old bud

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...