lowfly Member 107 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 28/02/06 03:10 PM Posted 28/02/06 03:10 PM Finally got down to Perth yesterday and parked up the xr8 and drove away in the turbo.Disapointed in performance at first as it only had 2k on clock. Quite a hot day etc, was hoping it would improve heaps. Left Perth at 5am this morning in cooler air and noticed a bit of an improvement, by the time I got to Carnarvon( about 1000km from rockingham)performance had changed heaps, now it gets up.Fuel consumption was great for tight engine, 13.4l/100km at 120-130 kliks.(auto)Car has I-design interior with leather and p/sound. Sweeeet!Droped into see Simon@ xtreme ford tuning about some upgrades shortly, glad I did. He took me for a spin his wifes xr6t and I thought that was impresive untill he rollled out that black F6. Now that car is totally nuts, words cannot describe what it"s like, you just gotta go for a ride, f###ing mental!!!!!!!
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 28/02/06 07:44 PM Posted 28/02/06 07:44 PM Sweet looking ride mate...enjoy Didn't take you long to work out that Simon is mental
summoner Member 288 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Posted 28/02/06 10:13 PM Posted 28/02/06 10:13 PM Welcome aboard!As will be said 100 times, EDIT EDIT EDITWill be the best thing you can do :D
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 28/02/06 10:33 PM Posted 28/02/06 10:33 PM Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your new car. BTW- nice AUII XR, same bodykit as my AU
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 14d Location: riddells creek Posted 28/02/06 11:11 PM Posted 28/02/06 11:11 PM Finally got down to Perth yesterday and parked up the xr8 and drove away in the turbo.Disapointed in performance at first as it only had 2k on clock. Quite a hot day etc, was hoping it would improve heaps. Left Perth at 5am this morning in cooler air and noticed a bit of an improvement, by the time I got to Carnarvon( about 1000km from rockingham)performance had changed heaps, now it gets up.Fuel consumption was great for tight engine, 13.4l/100km at 120-130 kliks.(auto)Car has I-design interior with leather and p/sound. Sweeeet!Droped into see Simon@ xtreme ford tuning about some upgrades shortly, glad I did. He took me for a spin his wifes xr6t and I thought that was impresive untill he rollled out that black F6. Now that car is totally nuts, words cannot describe what it"s like, you just gotta go for a ride, f###ing mental!!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>is this equipped with the six speed auto?
lowfly Member 107 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 01/03/06 12:10 AM Author Posted 01/03/06 12:10 AM Finally got down to Perth yesterday and parked up the xr8 and drove away in the turbo.Disapointed in performance at first as it only had 2k on clock. Quite a hot day etc, was hoping it would improve heaps. Left Perth at 5am this morning in cooler air and noticed a bit of an improvement, by the time I got to Carnarvon( about 1000km from rockingham)performance had changed heaps, now it gets up.Fuel consumption was great for tight engine, 13.4l/100km at 120-130 kliks.(auto)Car has I-design interior with leather and p/sound. Sweeeet!Droped into see Simon@ xtreme ford tuning about some upgrades shortly, glad I did. He took me for a spin his wifes xr6t and I thought that was impresive untill he rollled out that black F6. Now that car is totally nuts, words cannot describe what it"s like, you just gotta go for a ride, f###ing mental!!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>is this equipped with the six speed auto?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>No just the ol 4sp, car is 05 Mk2
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 6m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/03/06 12:11 AM Posted 01/03/06 12:11 AM Finally got down to Perth yesterday and parked up the xr8 and drove away in the turbo.Disapointed in performance at first as it only had 2k on clock. Quite a hot day etc, was hoping it would improve heaps. Left Perth at 5am this morning in cooler air and noticed a bit of an improvement, by the time I got to Carnarvon( about 1000km from rockingham)performance had changed heaps, now it gets up.Fuel consumption was great for tight engine, 13.4l/100km at 120-130 kliks.(auto)Car has I-design interior with leather and p/sound. Sweeeet!Droped into see Simon@ xtreme ford tuning about some upgrades shortly, glad I did. He took me for a spin his wifes xr6t and I thought that was impresive untill he rollled out that black F6. Now that car is totally nuts, words cannot describe what it"s like, you just gotta go for a ride, f###ing mental!!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well done!The 13.4L/100km is a bit high for highway use though?Mine does 10.0 - 10.4 sitting on 120 from Melbourne to Sydney.. maybe the hot day was what caused it?
lowfly Member 107 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 01/03/06 12:14 AM Author Posted 01/03/06 12:14 AM Sorry, just fell outa the sack. Simons is 6spd man.
lowfly Member 107 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 01/03/06 12:17 AM Author Posted 01/03/06 12:17 AM Finally got down to Perth yesterday and parked up the xr8 and drove away in the turbo.Disapointed in performance at first as it only had 2k on clock. Quite a hot day etc, was hoping it would improve heaps. Left Perth at 5am this morning in cooler air and noticed a bit of an improvement, by the time I got to Carnarvon( about 1000km from rockingham)performance had changed heaps, now it gets up.Fuel consumption was great for tight engine, 13.4l/100km at 120-130 kliks.(auto)Car has I-design interior with leather and p/sound. Sweeeet!Droped into see Simon@ xtreme ford tuning about some upgrades shortly, glad I did. He took me for a spin his wifes xr6t and I thought that was impresive untill he rollled out that black F6. Now that car is totally nuts, words cannot describe what it"s like, you just gotta go for a ride, f###ing mental!!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well done!The 13.4L/100km is a bit high for highway use though?Mine does 10.0 - 10.4 sitting on 120 from Melbourne to Sydney.. maybe the hot day was what caused it?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some of this was done at 160-190!
lowfly Member 107 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 01/03/06 12:21 AM Author Posted 01/03/06 12:21 AM Sweet looking ride mate...enjoy Didn't take you long to work out that Simon is mental <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perfect match with car and owner, wait till the big turbo go"s on it mate...FAAAAARK!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now