micksta Member 159 Member For: 21y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/02/06 10:15 AM Posted 20/02/06 10:15 AM Can the edit get rid of those annoying chime sounds, like seat belt warnings, low on fuel, door not closed? Having a Ute, sometimes I leave the had cover propped up when I carry supplies, and the way the alarm is configured, its sees a door open when driving and constantly gives a warning chime. As well as performance changers, the edit might good for changing other programs and parameters?Any one tried this?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/02/06 10:26 AM Posted 20/02/06 10:26 AM You can turn the selt belt chime off yourself. There's a thread on here with instructions somwhere.As for the others I'm not sure but your dealer maybe able to do it through their WDS, I doubt edit could control that stuff.And what do you mean the door chime goes off when your hard cover is up? How the hell does that work? Mine doesn't have any wiring involved in the hard cover.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/02/06 10:28 AM Posted 20/02/06 10:28 AM Disabling the seat belt reminder:1) Buckle the seatbelt2) Turn the Ignition switch to the On position, without starting the engine.3) Press and hold the Hazard Switch4) Whilst the Hazard switch is depressed, Unbuckle, then buckle the seatbelt5) Release the Hazard light switch
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 20/02/06 10:28 AM Posted 20/02/06 10:28 AM No edit can not change these settings as it is a different computor that controls this.Ian
micksta Member 159 Member For: 21y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/02/06 10:43 AM Author Posted 20/02/06 10:43 AM You can turn the selt belt chime off yourself. There's a thread on here with instructions somwhere.As for the others I'm not sure.And what do you mean the door chime goes off when your hard cover is up? How the hell does that work? Mine doesn't have any wiring involved in the hard cover.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had the alarm guys set it up that way, so when I opened the back it wouldn’t re arm it self, monitored by two switches that earth out when the back is opened.Standard set the alarm will re arm unless the car door is opened. But this set up the alarm would go off when I loaded tools and equipment in the back, under sensitivity.Basically you change the input, so the alarm thinks the car door has been opened, instead of a boot or bonnet input.But the flip side is, it thinks the door is opened when the back is up!It’s not a major drammer, just annoying.But I’m interested in the decommissioning of the seat belt one, if you know where it is?Cheers Mickst
micksta Member 159 Member For: 21y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/02/06 10:44 AM Author Posted 20/02/06 10:44 AM Disabling the seat belt reminder:1) Buckle the seatbelt2) Turn the Ignition switch to the On position, without starting the engine.3) Press and hold the Hazard Switch4) Whilst the Hazard switch is depressed, Unbuckle, then buckle the seatbelt5) Release the Hazard light switch<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks adam, I will try it out.Cheers Micksta
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now