RapidF6Typhoon Member 31 Member For: 20y 8m 25d Posted 09/01/06 11:03 PM Author Posted 09/01/06 11:03 PM Thanks Guys....I've seen the weather sheilds on a GT-P and I thought they looked good. I think I'll go for them.
RapidF6Typhoon Member 31 Member For: 20y 8m 25d Posted 10/01/06 01:24 AM Author Posted 10/01/06 01:24 AM How's this, I contacted my dealer this morning for the 3000km check up and asked them to provide a price for the 2 items that I mentioned. Well after I had to tell them the part numbers, they came back with unbelievable pricing. I advised them to check out the Ford web site as the RRP including fitting was not any where near that....They then said they've never looked at the site and had no idea that pricing was shown....They then asked me to send them the links to the pages I was refering to and they would look into it.Well Ford proves again what Turkey's they really are....As soon as the sales Reps get your cash they pass you on to bloody air heads.But that was not the end of it.....Our boot is not aligned correctly so I asked them to fix it and repair the rub marks on the rear bar while the car was in....Why do 2,3 or 10 trips to Ford when they can do it all at once. Don't even get me started on what there reply to this request was..... Anyway in the end its booked for next Tuesday and they'll give me a loan car....Who wants to bet money they stuff it up not fit the correct weather shields & booster kit let alone fix the boot.Should I request an oil and filter change ? are they capable of getting that right...
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 19d Posted 10/01/06 01:43 AM Posted 10/01/06 01:43 AM I have the rear window shades (BAF 18246AA) - they are removable but add to the privacy and help keep the temperature down in the sun without having to get the windows tinted any darker. The pollen filter is handy too especially if you get hay fever (which is why the windows are wound up and the air con is on - otherwise my eyes would be watering and nose would be running constantly)My XR6 has the reverse sensing system, I carry an extinguisher (habit I guess) and because it is a work vehicle there's a first aid kit, warning triangle and a hi vis vest as well as the bluetooth car kit.I also have the day tripper fridge from when I had the Territory. It fits better in the truck but it is handy to carry cold drinks and stuff.Let me know how the booster kit goes... debating whether to get one added to the 'premium audio' as I got the XR Luxury pack so interested to hear how it goes and what you think.
MYF6 Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Earth, I think? Posted 10/01/06 02:55 AM Posted 10/01/06 02:55 AM imo first thing on the list for a 3000km service should be oil and filter.Good luck with the boot. 13 months on I'm still waiting for them to fix a problem with one of the doors, the driveline shut, the worn syncro's from the dodgy first few temp clutch fixes and of course the diff whine.... Should look at the upside I guess - they were all fitted free of charge by the factory
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Posted 10/01/06 10:52 AM Posted 10/01/06 10:52 AM MYF6,The door problem you are talking about wouldn't happen to be the rear drivers side door by any chance? You have to slam it on my car otherwise it doesn't close properly.Mine had the synchro problems you are refering to but mine was replaced witha new box before the clutch was replaced. I can't believe they would keep you in the lurch for so long. Do you live in Brisbane? I can give you the dealer I have dealt with.
MYF6 Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Earth, I think? Posted 11/01/06 01:48 AM Posted 11/01/06 01:48 AM MYF6,The door problem you are talking about wouldn't happen to be the rear drivers side door by any chance? You have to slam it on my car otherwise it doesn't close properly.Mine had the synchro problems you are refering to but mine was replaced witha new box before the clutch was replaced. I can't believe they would keep you in the lurch for so long. Do you live in Brisbane? I can give you the dealer I have dealt with.Front pasenger door - not formed correctly in the press and is out of whack to the line of the car. They tried to adjust the door to make it less obvious but they just made it like your rear door - have to slam it hard to close it.I am in BNE so please let me know which dealer you have been talking to as the 2 I have tried are 'playing' the game with me.
john s Member 45 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Location: Perth Posted 11/01/06 12:08 PM Posted 11/01/06 12:08 PM I have noticed that my phoon drivers door is slightly out of "whack" at the bottom and is not flush with the body line. Looks like this could be a common fault?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now