Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 22d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

I know it has been bandied around a little, but enough is enough. The paint quality on my front spoiler is absolutely :spoton: . I am scared to wash it no thinking I will rub it off!! The rear apron has to be re-painted also!

I have spoken to FPV and voiced my displeasure and they have (surprise, surprise) directed me back to the dealer to look at and take photos for submission of a warranty claim.

Has anyone here in Qld done this with theirs yet? If not, I am happy to co-ordinate a mass meeting at a dealer to whinge and have them take their photos to have these things painted under warranty. :spoton:

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 26d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I had mine resprayed under waranty a few weeks ago.

only problem is they only go over the old paint and it still chips off just as it did before :blink:

they need to strip the bar back to nothing before starting on it again to get it right. but even then osrm6 told me that he had a brand new bar painted in a spray shop that still chips like a :spoton:

I dont really know what my point is,,,,, im still f :spoton: ked off even though they resprayed the bar under waranty.

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 22d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted

I think everyone has the same problems with the front spoilers as mine is crap and the others I’ve seen are the same.

Just Rang Ford and asked where the F@rk is my New BF and they said Finished but No front bars as they sent them all back due to quality issues with the paint jobs!!!! So it looks like its still a problem. :spoton::spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

In addition to the spoiler, mine has two fairly large rough/unfinished patches of paint (roof/wing) which still feel crap after a long autoglym polish session.

The car goes in for its 3000 service tomorrow, when I will ask them to sort that out*. I'll let you know what happens..

*along with the alarm that goes off randomly whilst I drive down the street, and the annoying console rattle.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Just Rang Ford and asked where the F@rk is my New BF and they said Finished but No front bars as they sent them all back due to quality issues with the paint jobs!!!!

What?! Ah f*ck, I was hoping to get my BF next week.

  • Weird Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: ACT
Posted

The front of my F6 had more stone chips after 5000ks than my XR6T did after 60,000ks. :clap:

Fortunatly I smashed it to bits and the new one painted by the panel beaters does not have a single stone chip after about 3000ks.

The plastic of the Bumper on the Phoon is too hard, if I got hit by a stone in the XR you would get a tiny (fraction of a milimetre) deep dent and the paint usually stayed intact. If the same thing happens to the F6 the plastic stays intact but a 3 to 10mm chip of paint flakes off. :clap:

When I got down onto my hands and knees to see the damage I had done to the original bumper the botom few cm (from the foglamps down) was peppered by litteraly thousands of stone chips......

post-543-1133433055_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

nothing as yet mate.. will let you know.. its ticked over 3000km now.. so far nothing to notice.. must be all those G's your pulling mate in that weapon!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 4d
Posted

I know a bloke who had the front bar on his GTP replaced due to the paint not sticking to the original one, they ordered a bar painted from ford and guess what, it did the same thing!

Apparently its the plastic the bars are made of and the fact that there is some chemical reaction between it and the paint and it just flakes off.. Apparenty the T Series cars had the same plastics used in the bars. The other thing im told is that the bars are actually manufactured and painted in QLD then shipped down south! Or atleast that's the BS ive been fed!

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted

wouldn't the bumpers be made of the same material that the rest of the ranges bumpers are made of?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...