Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 29/11/05 12:19 PM Posted 29/11/05 12:19 PM sounds like a torque converter prob?
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Location: Melbourne Posted 29/11/05 12:44 PM Author Posted 29/11/05 12:44 PM I had similar once during an attempted burnout. It was, I believe, caused by torque tags which kicked in to protect the driveline. Felt like the clutch slipping...but wasnt.Torque tagging could male sense as I put the boot in and it didn`t go anywhere
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 29/11/05 12:56 PM Posted 29/11/05 12:56 PM This is exactly the same thing that happens with my parents EL fairlane ghia automatic. Only difference is when you start the car cold the car will run fine for the first 10 mins, but then 2nd gear can rev to 6000rpm but get no where. Its a very odd feeling. Once you back off from 6000 it feels like it changes straight to 4th and accellerates very slow to 80-100km/h.What I also noticed is that once the car is warm I can manually change from D to 3rd at 80km/h and the revs dont change at all. It feels like it didnt force change to 3rd. I was wondering if your cars have been damage this far?? I have a feeling its something to do with the computer communicating to the transmission or something related.
fill Member 127 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 29/11/05 08:52 PM Posted 29/11/05 08:52 PM I had the same thing happen this week. Floored it at about 30km and nothing but rev's. WTF?It has only happened once. I have only had the car for a week after edit/injectors/exhaust/cai. I have installed a trans cooler.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 29/11/05 11:52 PM Posted 29/11/05 11:52 PM You sure it wasn't in neutral??
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 30/11/05 03:31 AM Posted 30/11/05 03:31 AM You sure it wasn't in neutral?? Funny you should say that, cos it feels as though the transmission goes into neutral for a few seconds, then thinks about it then changes to a higher gear.
boomer01 Member 53 Member For: 21y 8m 19d Posted 02/12/05 04:50 AM Posted 02/12/05 04:50 AM Hi,FYI...for those interested, the issue of the auto trans slipping on the 2nd to 3rd change turned out to be due to the tranny being low on fluid.I went back to the dealer and spoke to the workshop Forman who picked it straight away. Pumped approx. 600-800ml of Penrite Auto Sharp shift into the tranny and problem fixed.Cheers,Tom.
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 02/12/05 06:57 AM Posted 02/12/05 06:57 AM I better check the oil level in the EL then. Thanks for advice.
wippdaddy Member 41 Member For: 21y 7d Posted 02/12/05 07:02 AM Posted 02/12/05 07:02 AM Could it be the inhibtor switch? had a similar problem on my XH auto ute. Cleaned the switch and all was fine very easy to get to, it just sits on the outside of the gearbox on the passenger side, though I'm not sure in the BA's. Worth a look though.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/12/05 01:26 PM Posted 02/12/05 01:26 PM if its bog stock have u noticed an trans fluid in you carport/carpark/garage? silly question but its not low on fluid is it?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Geezzzz What did i tell you?......... nah seriously glad thats all that was wrong....just one question though ( and see danno's earlier post) if the said 600 too 800ml of fluid didnt go on the floor where did it go?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now