rdomain Member 98 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Posted 23/11/05 04:36 AM Posted 23/11/05 04:36 AM Hiya,The ute's back in for a 3rd time for warranty work regarding a low knocking sound in the steering. The ute's had it since it was brand new and now with 12k on the clock, Ford have yet to fix it for good. Does anybody else have or have had this low knocking sound? It mainly happens on u-turns and parking.The other noise which is getting looked at for a second time is a high metallic tapping sound in the rear somewhere. It happens when driving over manholes etc. Not as vital as the steering issue but still annoying.Any feedback would be awesome cause I have little faith in my dealer
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 23/11/05 04:53 AM Posted 23/11/05 04:53 AM A lose steering rack.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 23/11/05 05:00 AM Posted 23/11/05 05:00 AM I had the exact steering "crack" as you, when hard turning at very low speeds like sub- 10kmph.took it to ford 3 times and each time they just tightened the sh*t out of all the steering bolts. 3rd time lucky I havent had it since! they said theres also a fix they can do regarding a shim and a new nut?? its in their ever-growing "book of fixes"
rdomain Member 98 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Posted 23/11/05 05:09 AM Author Posted 23/11/05 05:09 AM It's funny you should mention those two things guys in that order cause that's what they've done so far. Fist time, a lose steering rack and I think they did the shim steering bugfix, second time a retention and supposedly another shim bugfix for the rear tapping noise and now the third time.... Hopefully I'll be lucky like yourself Trough Lolly and that will be the end of it. If it is a common problem, I'm hoping most were able to get it fixed. I gave the dealer their final chance before I take it elsewhere so they're keeping the ute overnight to make sure it's 100% fixed. This is only one of a series of ongoing issues with my dealer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now