Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/10/05 05:26 AM Posted 26/10/05 05:26 AM I have a flash kit and got a custom tune done up here in Sydney.After the custom tune I noticed the car baulking/missing under hard acceleration. Took it back to the tuner who replaced the plugs and a further $200 later couldnt guarantee that the problem had been solved. On testing, the problem hasnt been solved leaving a rather disgruntled customer.Has anybody else experienced anything but seamless acceleration following a custom flash tune?
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 15d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 26/10/05 05:29 AM Posted 26/10/05 05:29 AM The plugs dont need replacing they need to be re-gappedWho is the tuner?
Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/10/05 04:07 AM Author Posted 27/10/05 04:07 AM I have tried having the plugs re-gapped and it didnt do a thing.Today I flashed the car back to factory and she accelerates smoothly and seemlessly all the way to redline.I am most disappointed with this product, cos although power increases it doesnt come on without a lot of "missing".As for the dealer that I used up here in Sydney, I reckon I have been ripped off. How long should a custom tune take? I was charged $450 which involved a couple of dyno runs and no more than 20 minutes on the laptop.In my opinion the dealer has not made reasonable efforts to find out why the car isnt accelerating smoothly.Interested in others experiences and thoughts before I totally trash this product and the dealer in Sydney.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 27/10/05 04:24 AM Posted 27/10/05 04:24 AM Another happy EDIT customer
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 27/10/05 05:31 AM Posted 27/10/05 05:31 AM I have tried having the plugs re-gapped and it didnt do a thing.Today I flashed the car back to factory and she accelerates smoothly and seemlessly all the way to redline.I am most disappointed with this product, cos although power increases it doesnt come on without a lot of "missing".As for the dealer that I used up here in Sydney, I reckon I have been ripped off. How long should a custom tune take? I was charged $450 which involved a couple of dyno runs and no more than 20 minutes on the laptop.In my opinion the dealer has not made reasonable efforts to find out why the car isnt accelerating smoothly.Interested in others experiences and thoughts before I totally trash this product and the dealer in Sydney.I can't believe a tuner would let you out on the road with the car running like that!Complain loudly...I wouldn't run it with the edit in place untill you get it sorted.
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 28d Posted 27/10/05 06:27 AM Posted 27/10/05 06:27 AM I have tried having the plugs re-gapped and it didnt do a thing.Today I flashed the car back to factory and she accelerates smoothly and seemlessly all the way to redline.I am most disappointed with this product, cos although power increases it doesnt come on without a lot of "missing".As for the dealer that I used up here in Sydney, I reckon I have been ripped off. How long should a custom tune take? I was charged $450 which involved a couple of dyno runs and no more than 20 minutes on the laptop.In my opinion the dealer has not made reasonable efforts to find out why the car isnt accelerating smoothly.Interested in others experiences and thoughts before I totally trash this product and the dealer in Sydney.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Henry This is a tuner and not a product issue.Put simply you have not received what you payed for in good faith and that is a drivable tune that provides an increase in performance.Go back to him and ask for a) your money back, b) the tune to be fixed or c) an explanation as to what is wrong with your car that is preventing him to provide what you payed for.Then if you dont get a satisfactory outcome speak to CAPA direct.Let us know how you get on
BAturb Member 521 Member For: 21y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/10/05 06:30 AM Posted 27/10/05 06:30 AM I woud expect a good custom tune would take more than 20 mins, go back and tell them you are not leaving untill the tune is done properly or you will post their details on the forum and recomend people not go there
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/10/05 06:31 AM Posted 27/10/05 06:31 AM Don't cop it - no way !!
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 27/10/05 06:35 AM Posted 27/10/05 06:35 AM Sounds a bit like boost surge to me. Depending on how your tuner controls the boost, I am told there are a couple of ways, then this problem can be eliminated.I had it after my first tune, and the WOG took all of 5 minutes to have it running beautifully!Complain,complain and complain. If that doesn't work tell us all who he is and affect him that way.Or as others have said, speak to capa direct, and COMPLAIN loudly!
Guest Guests Posted 27/10/05 07:18 AM Posted 27/10/05 07:18 AM Henry,I'm running Unichip at the moment, and can't offer any help regarding who/what/how/when and where? But hearing things like this really :boom: meHow the hell does someone like this 'tuner' manage to sign into a contract as an an agent for a company, not only selling their equipment but supposed to be able work in & around something so delicate and precise as the ECU?Wouldn't a workshop have to be screened first by the Distributor, assessing if they are capable of selling and also maintaining what they've sold time and time again.What would happened to someone like ol' Henry if a negligent 'tuner' altered settings so poorly that it resulted in a huge $$$ repair bill, knowing sure as that Ford wouldn't cover it and would put your name on the 'exiled from warranty' list.In instances such as this, would companies such as CAPA, have compete juristiction to revise the contract and appoint liability for all repairs on the, now former, CAPA agent.C'mon tell me who it is, I feel there to be a lenching 'bout to be had!!! Darren
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now