ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 5d Posted 13/10/05 08:42 PM Posted 13/10/05 08:42 PM The price for parts as to be expected.An "A" class service 48minTyre rotation 18minTurbo vehicle only Tighten inlet and exhaust manifolds 54min. Total Labour 2 hoursColinWhat about the itemised invoice at the end of the day before you pay? I alway check mine.As I mentioned above Ford allocate an exact amount of minutes for each part of the service. It's in your service book.I think we are all knowledgable enough to have an idea what an oil filter, oil and other parts cost. If not ask before you pay. Explain the account to me.Again the labour is the area I think you are more likely to be ripped. Ask the hourly rate charged you are entitle to know, and as above 2 hours labour must equal the rate charged.Colin
BADGERSXR6TUTE Member 209 Member For: 22y 6m 23d Location: llandaff, tasmania Posted 15/10/05 11:20 AM Posted 15/10/05 11:20 AM Only paid $98 bucks at my local ford dealer for my 15,000 kay service, was only charged $150 for 45,000 kay service a couple weeks ago
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 15/10/05 11:23 AM Posted 15/10/05 11:23 AM mine was a bit over $300.... will know better this time around though
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 5d Posted 15/10/05 11:34 AM Posted 15/10/05 11:34 AM Only paid $98 bucks at my local ford dealer for my 15,000 kay service, was only charged $150 for 45,000 kay service a couple weeks ago I would be concerned that they did everthing.As I mentioned the labour for a 15000 is 2 hours by the book $130+. The tightening of the inlet and outlet manifolds is 54 minutes and has to be atleast $65. This is the item most dealerst don't do, because they service the T the same as a normal XR6.Did your invoice detail what was done?
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/10/05 07:15 AM Posted 16/10/05 07:15 AM WowI feel like I got ripped off at $346.Nothing special done, so why was mine so much?DaKing<{POST_SNAPBACK}>u coulda had sumthing adjusted/fixed?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Umm - the service manager told me the price BEFORE they started on the car I.e. when I booked it in.I will be a little more careful next timeDaKing
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 16/10/05 10:19 AM Posted 16/10/05 10:19 AM The labour charge at my dealer is $94/hr. I imagine most dealers charge much the same.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 5d Posted 16/10/05 11:56 AM Posted 16/10/05 11:56 AM The labour charge at my dealer is $94/hr. I imagine most dealers charge much the same.And I bet the apprentice that actually did the work recieved $20/hr. Sorry I forgot the dealer has overheads to pay for.
BADGERSXR6TUTE Member 209 Member For: 22y 6m 23d Location: llandaff, tasmania Posted 17/10/05 08:21 AM Posted 17/10/05 08:21 AM Only paid $98 bucks at my local ford dealer for my 15,000 kay service, was only charged $150 for 45,000 kay service a couple weeks ago <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would be concerned that they did everthing.As I mentioned the labour for a 15000 is 2 hours by the book $130+. The tightening of the inlet and outlet manifolds is 54 minutes and has to be atleast $65. This is the item most dealerst don't do, because they service the T the same as a normal XR6.Did your invoice detail what was done?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>every thing gets done properly, my sister in law is the one who does the invoices, labour is only $38 a hour, what some of you blokes pay amazes me I'd be jacking up about them sort of prices. ask ducatijb what he thinks of tilfords in hobart they take some beating
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 5d Posted 17/10/05 11:31 AM Posted 17/10/05 11:31 AM Only paid $98 bucks at my local ford dealer for my 15,000 kay service, was only charged $150 for 45,000 kay service a couple weeks ago I would be concerned that they did everthing.As I mentioned the labour for a 15000 is 2 hours by the book $130+. The tightening of the inlet and outlet manifolds is 54 minutes and has to be atleast $65. This is the item most dealerst don't do, because they service the T the same as a normal XR6.Did your invoice detail what was done?every thing gets done properly, my sister in law is the one who does the invoices, labour is only $38 a hour, what some of you blokes pay amazes me I'd be jacking up about them sort of prices. ask ducatijb what he thinks of tilfords in hobart they take some beating WOW, at $38 per hour I might put the car on the boat and bring it over for the next service.The fleet company I go through has a special rate of $60-$70 per hour.Another thought what is the conversion ratio into Australian Dollars.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now