shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 08/10/05 10:39 AM Posted 08/10/05 10:39 AM Just letting every one know that I picked up my new Shockwave Typhoon last night I would have posted sooner but I couldnt get my bum out of it!Thanks for all the advice in running her in,, I picked her up with 33k's on the clock, now just 24 hours later there is over 350 Only a dyno will tell if I did a good job at the runin...The first thing I noticed is the clutch is ALOT lighter to press in than the XR6T 6 speed..... This is not what I was expecting, however I really dont mind (less leg aches in traffic).The only other strange thing was the smell in the car, its not the normal "new car" smell,,,, anyone know if they use a diferent glue on the FPV's to the XR's????anyway because I couldnt find any picks of a Shockwave Phoon I'll post the ones my wife took of her when I was pulling into my driveway for the first time I'll post more once the weather fines up.....
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/10/05 10:41 AM Posted 08/10/05 10:41 AM looks the goods!!!! well done on a great purchase.... when will the mods begin?
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 08/10/05 11:01 AM Posted 08/10/05 11:01 AM Well done, just love how the brake callipers match the colour of the car.Rob...
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 08/10/05 11:11 AM Author Posted 08/10/05 11:11 AM looks the goods!!!! well done on a great purchase.... when will the mods begin? doing an edit after she hits 1500k's (3 weeks tops) between now and then ill try to convince myself to do injectors at the same time, only problem is changing them back every time I take the car to ford for waranty work
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 08/10/05 11:12 AM Author Posted 08/10/05 11:12 AM Well done, just love how the brake callipers match the colour of the car.Rob...And under the bonnet ill post picks tomorrow (if I can pull myself away from the 1000)
bigrick Member 4 Member For: 21y 29d Location: country nsw Posted 08/10/05 12:10 PM Posted 08/10/05 12:10 PM when I picked my phoon up the only smell I had was the leather smell mmmmm leather
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m Posted 08/10/05 12:32 PM Posted 08/10/05 12:32 PM Good choice.She is beautiful.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 09/10/05 09:17 PM Posted 09/10/05 09:17 PM Top colour!
TRY29T Member 71 Member For: 21y 1m 17d Posted 09/10/05 10:15 PM Posted 09/10/05 10:15 PM that's HOT SH1T MATE,LUV IT WELL DONE.EVEN SUITS THE HOUSE!!!!GC
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Location: Perth WA Posted 10/10/05 02:12 AM Posted 10/10/05 02:12 AM hehe well done mate, looks good !!my phoon has that same smell hey, not sure what it is.. but I can smell it outside the car more sometimes..watch out for the fuzz - got my 1st ticket yesterday after 1400kms hahaha..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now