fordmanzwis Member 28 Member For: 21y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone Posted 06/10/05 04:14 AM Posted 06/10/05 04:14 AM Hey all how are we,I was talking with my brother this morning about a new car (he is due to buy one before end of year). He is currrently looking at a Ba2 GT with all basics, a Brand new XR8 (BF) with a six speed auto or their is currently a Ba2 6sp man XR8 with herrod modifcations done threw ford. I think the mods include zorst, induction, lowerd (not sure weather has the koni's or not?). short shifter and a few other herrod goodies. Apparently around 7G worth.So this is his choice has anyone driven these, I know what yous are all thinking go the TURBO... I have tried to push him in that direction but he wants the V8 note... Do you think it would be better for a new BF or the Ba2 Xr8 ?? or would the GT blow them both away ???Thanks for any help
FPRXR-6 Member 239 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/10/05 04:27 AM Posted 06/10/05 04:27 AM The BF XR8 with the new 6-speed auto will blow both the BA GT and BA XR8 away so I would go the BF.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/10/05 04:34 AM Posted 06/10/05 04:34 AM mmmmm.BF XR8 with 6-spd auto, or the BA2 GT.Tough choiceI'd go the GT myself (manual) but the 6-spd auto will decimate
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 06/10/05 05:17 AM Posted 06/10/05 05:17 AM The BF XR8 with the new 6-speed auto will blow both the BA GT and BA XR8 away so I would go the BF.have we seen times with the new 6 speed auto??
fordmanzwis Member 28 Member For: 21y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone Posted 06/10/05 06:57 AM Author Posted 06/10/05 06:57 AM Thanks, I to think a BF would be a good buy, if he got one what do you think would be the best mod for it ? as I presume the XR6 turbo will reign king in the ford camp... Has anyone had a drive in a XR8 with a six speed auto? I have read the ford sites about no power upgrade for the XR8.. seems bit pointless. All in all why abit more work into the 3 valve and get some more pwer and put it in the XR8.. (note sarcasm) really ford Cmon the V8 should be the dominate car so why not give it duel VCT too.. thanks for all your resposes to
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now