XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 02/10/05 06:11 AM Posted 02/10/05 06:11 AM I think I have a blown gasket.. when I start the car I can smell exhaust gas in the car and when I open the bonnet it is pretty loud compared to usual.I first noticed it a couple of days ago and it seems to be getting worse. Is it normal for blown gaskets to get louder?I have driven it a bit and I can also hear the turbo alot more than usual, sort of like a light whine that becomes more obvious with more throttle..Is it safe to drive or should I take it to the dealer asap and only drive it if completely necessary??Cheers Guys
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/10/05 07:19 AM Posted 02/10/05 07:19 AM Mate check your turbo housing bolts, it is common for them to work thier way loose. It has happend to me and I thought it was a gasket at first as well.
philldub Member 81 Member For: 22y 13d Posted 02/10/05 09:00 AM Posted 02/10/05 09:00 AM A head gasket will sometimes have a sweet smell coming out of the exhaust when cold.[coolant] The Ba engine seems to be bullet proof in the head gasket area
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 17d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 02/10/05 03:55 PM Posted 02/10/05 03:55 PM Mate check your turbo housing bolts, it is common for them to work thier way loose. It has happend to me and I thought it was a gasket at first as well.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spot on. Whilst your checking the turbo housing bolts also check the manifold bolts. Ive had both sets of bolts get loose on me twice in the last 6 months !!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now