Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 20/08/05 01:50 AM Posted 20/08/05 01:50 AM Some of you people are whingers. What would you rather-6 speed auto, bigger brakes, upgraded engines, small styling changes, better performance and fuel economyorNew headlights, bumpers and slight panel changes.Headlights, bumpers and panel changes.I modify my cars anyway. To add 5 kw to an engine is insulting, especially given the proven power variances between identical stock XR's can be 10-15kw. The 6 speed gearbox is awesome, but it doesn't come for free.Rob<{POST_SNAPBACK}>So an extra 30nm, and more power and torque right through the rev range isn't worthwhile then.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/08/05 01:56 AM Posted 20/08/05 01:56 AM I doubt they could spread that trivial amount of power and torque across the entire rev range, if they did you wouldn't even notice it I would think.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 20/08/05 03:09 AM Posted 20/08/05 03:09 AM they should chuck these tail lights on the XR's.Now that looks good, love the mags 20's I thinks?Rob...
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/08/05 01:40 PM Posted 20/08/05 01:40 PM Some of you people are whingers. What would you rather-6 speed auto, bigger brakes, upgraded engines, small styling changes, better performance and fuel economyorNew headlights, bumpers and slight panel changes.Headlights, bumpers and panel changes.I modify my cars anyway. To add 5 kw to an engine is insulting, especially given the proven power variances between identical stock XR's can be 10-15kw. The 6 speed gearbox is awesome, but it doesn't come for free.RobSo an extra 30nm, and more power and torque right through the rev range isn't worthwhile then.To make me trade in on a BF? No, it isn't.But if 30Nm and 5kw gets you all warm and fuzzy, go for it. You'll still get slapped by mildly modified T's. Even by us old Piggybackers. Do you know Geeseman?
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/08/05 01:42 PM Posted 20/08/05 01:42 PM they should chuck these tail lights on the XR's.Now that looks good, love the mags 20's I thinks?Rob...In case you haven't seen the front Rob.(sorry for the hijack, but it was a boring topic anyway)
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/08/05 01:56 PM Posted 20/08/05 01:56 PM they should chuck these tail lights on the XR's.Now that looks good, love the mags 20's I thinks?Rob...In case you haven't seen the front Rob.(sorry for the hijack, but it was a boring topic anyway)How fukcing cool is that car??Fully sik
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/08/05 05:34 PM Posted 20/08/05 05:34 PM they should chuck these tail lights on the XR's.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now that looks good, love the mags 20's I thinks?Rob...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>In case you haven't seen the front Rob.(sorry for the hijack, but it was a boring topic anyway)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>How fukcing cool is that car??Fully sik <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its FULLY SIC SUB WOOFER and I want that TINT!!!! Shazzy
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 17d Location: Birkdale Posted 20/08/05 10:52 PM Posted 20/08/05 10:52 PM I doubt they could spread that trivial amount of power and torque across the entire rev range, if they did you wouldn't even notice it I would think.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe not to you or I who run in excess of 300kws but to the typical owner who isn't modifying their car, and comparing to the LS1 in the SS it will be a 13 sec car, no worries. That is ofcourse if Ford are just simply rating the car with what it really makes, except the peak output is still obviously a lie, unless there is a cliff face at 5000rpm and no power... (F6...)Seriously though, the independant VCT is what has fattened up every models midrange torque. The XR6T won't be running any more boost, it wil simply be a cam thing and you wil notice it, it will me like comparing driving a T at 5 degrees at night or 35 degrees in the day.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/08/05 10:59 PM Posted 20/08/05 10:59 PM Maybe your right.The F6 already runs the independant VCT. Maybe that's where most of that extra torque comes from.A test drive will be in order I think. Although I wouldn't be rushing out to buy one until it's confirmed they can be modified. I'd reckon Ford has probably made it harder for the aftermarket scene on the BF.
sbr79 Member 280 Member For: 22y 3m 3d Posted 20/08/05 11:52 PM Posted 20/08/05 11:52 PM WOW. another 2 gears in the autos for FORD service centres to f%$#k up on. They can't even service ya car without breaking something, now they have 2 extra gears to break.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now