DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 25/07/05 09:46 AM Posted 25/07/05 09:46 AM Two weeks ago, I got the chance to drive some very interesting cars. V10 M5M3 competition645i750liThe day was put on for BMW M owners. We spent just aobut every minute in a car either driving or passngering around Darlington Park. I got to drive the Blue M5 in this months Motor mag. Its just sensational. The gear changes re incredible and 373Kw is lot of power and wheelspin is easy to invoke in tight corners. The "heads up" display is very handy , makes it easy to see the gear/spped your using.Allan Moffat was in the pace car and Geoff Brabham was giving "hot" laps for the attendess. I can confim Alan Moffat is just as rude as he was 20 years ago and why BMW had him there I do not know. There were some FPV owners there two and they enjoyed themselves. They were in the market for an M3. The M3 Competition stayed with the M5 because of its great handling. Easy to drive and so forgiving. It fell back down the long straight as it needs more mid range power, the V10 is a rocket at 220KPH.... It was a great day and it would be great for Ford to put on a day like that for potential FPV owners. They could really show potential customers how good the GT and Typhoon are.All in all a great day and we certainly enjoyed what (for 18 buyers currently) what just has to be the best 4 door car in the world today. I rode in the back seat of the Bronze M5 and videoed it. I have attached a low res version of the ride for your viewing pleasure!. We got up to 230KPH on this lap but its hard to see that. 5MB file warningDallas
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 25/07/05 10:11 AM Posted 25/07/05 10:11 AM Two weeks ago, I got the chance to drive some very interesting cars. V10 M5M3 competition645i750liThe day was put on for BMW M owners. We spent just aobut every minute in a car either driving or passngering around Darlington Park. I got to drive the Blue M5 in this months Motor mag. Its just sensational. The gear changes re incredible and 373Kw is lot of power and wheelspin is easy to invoke in tight corners. The "heads up" display is very handy , makes it easy to see the gear/spped your using.Allan Moffat was in the pace car and Geoff Brabham was giving "hot" laps for the attendess. I can confim Alan Moffat is just as rude as he was 20 years ago and why BMW had him there I do not know. There were some FPV owners there two and they enjoyed themselves. They were in the market for an M3. The M3 Competition stayed with the M5 becasue fo its great handling. Easy to drive and so forgiving. It fell back about down the long straight as it needs more mid range power, the V10 is a rocket at 220KPH.... It was a great day and it would be great for Ford to put on a day like that for potential FPV owners. They could really show potential customers how good the GT and Typhoon are.All in all a great day and we certainly enjoyed what (for 18 buyers currently) what just has to be the best 4 door car in the world today. I rode in the back seat of the Bronze M5 and videoed it. I have attached a low res verison of the ride for your viewing pleasure!. We got up to 230KPH on this lap but its hard to see that. 5MB file warningDallasGood stuff! Where is this file of which you speak?
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 25/07/05 10:14 AM Author Posted 25/07/05 10:14 AM I have tried 5 times to upload it. It takes its time then vanishes....video at 5MB wont upload
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 25/07/05 10:23 AM Posted 25/07/05 10:23 AM You might have to upload it to www.putfile.com
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 25/07/05 11:15 AM Posted 25/07/05 11:15 AM Must of been fun, Darlington is an awesome track in anything let alone a 500hp beast
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/07/05 11:26 AM Posted 25/07/05 11:26 AM Well done Dallas, I am so Jelous , I have been working on my wife to order one now to be delivered in 24months, but she will only let me get a second hand E39 M5 I would give my first born for a new M5, what a car
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/07/05 11:45 AM Posted 25/07/05 11:45 AM (edited) hhmmmmm.....http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=9019 Edited 25/07/05 11:47 AM by Shockwave-T
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 10d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 26/07/05 07:56 AM Posted 26/07/05 07:56 AM Your making me jealous. I can't wait to try the M5. How did you get invited when you bought your car 2nd hand?
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 27/07/05 10:28 AM Author Posted 27/07/05 10:28 AM Most M5 owners were asked to come along. They are logical choice to buy the new one.
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 27/07/05 10:30 AM Author Posted 27/07/05 10:30 AM Theres a few e39's around now for sale in the 90-110k bracket. Delivery on the nw one is a real pain at least a years wait!226K +++++ ouch!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now