Guest jaskel Guests Posted 06/07/05 08:05 AM Posted 06/07/05 08:05 AM Ok, I am looking to buy a XR6 Turbo, apart from the obvious 6 speed box, what is the main difference between mk1 and mk2?? Does the mk2 feel different was there any major upgrades??When will the Mk3 come out (if there is such a thing) I am not sure if I should buy a mk1 and work it or get a mk2 and just fit an exaust.How hard is it to fit a Blow off valve to the XR?? I had one on my 02 WRX and it was easy to fit, anyone got any pics of one fitted and do they sound ok on the XR??And yes I am looking at getting a BLACK one Thanks guys.Jas
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 06/07/05 11:49 AM Posted 06/07/05 11:49 AM if you do a search you will find a whole topic on it but I am too lazy
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 06/07/05 12:28 PM Posted 06/07/05 12:28 PM Have MkIIJust from memory...1) Backlit electric window lighting2) New Mag style3) Alloy pedals on top of the usual4) MkII badge - lol5) Something in the rear seating, is it the centre armrest, or just cupholders therein?6) Yeah, 6spd in the manual.7) Someone said the 'auto' function for lights on/off and in fact colour/dark on premium sound was new to MkII but I didn't know that (works 100% on mine by the way, lights go on almost to the minute that street lights go on - and of course you don't have to turn them off when you lock up).All I can think of except the obvious improved resale value. Something to consider if the price is right.Oh yeah 50kw more.
Guest jaskel Guests Posted 06/07/05 12:45 PM Posted 06/07/05 12:45 PM yeah thanks m8, first dealer I went to gave me a price of 6 speed, black, pemium sound, 18" wheels of 47 on road....im sure I can get em cheaper.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/07/05 12:48 PM Posted 06/07/05 12:48 PM ....im sure I can get em cheaper.Plus some goodies on top such as leather etc
Guest jaskel Guests Posted 07/07/05 01:26 PM Posted 07/07/05 01:26 PM nah I hate leather...when will the mk3 be out?>?? anything worth waiting for??jas
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 23y Location: City Posted 07/07/05 02:53 PM Posted 07/07/05 02:53 PM I believe MKIII comes out in october this year and it gets the 6 speed auto which will be pretty cool. Quality gearbox that one if its ZF which is most likely, instead of the BTR crap.Dave
Guest jaskel Guests Posted 07/07/05 08:51 PM Posted 07/07/05 08:51 PM ok, im looking for the manual, so no real difference eh...
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 07/07/05 10:18 PM Posted 07/07/05 10:18 PM You can guarantee that there will be some trim differences, and my guess a power increase across the XR range to keep up with Holden.Also - there will be some new colours.There has been talk about stronger diffs at some point.I have heard that some double side exhaust outlets (1 on each side of the car) will be made - but dont know if these are for FPV only.There will of course be some runout deals on Mk2s as well.
Guest jaskel Guests Posted 08/07/05 11:46 PM Posted 08/07/05 11:46 PM ok thanks m8, is it hard to fit a BOV to them??? around what cost??I will sooo fit one to mine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now