Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Hi All,

I am looking at a genuine Ford hardcover and am hearing a few stories of them bowing or shrinking???? :stirthepot: is this true??? also if it is can it be replaced under warranty or is there something you can do to stop this???

Thanks

Shane

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

They do move around a bit, especially on a hot day. I havnt really worried about any warranty as yet, but if it gets really noticeable I probably will. Overall I think theyre reasonably well made

Shane

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 15d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted

The darker colours are worse in the heat, mine is black and can blow up to 50mm high in the middle like a giant balloon. This happens when left in the sun, but 2 mins drive down the road, the airflow over it cools it back down.

Mine remains straight along the long sides when cold or hot, and when warm it pulls the back section straight, when cold there is a tiny curve in it, but you wouldn't notice it at all.

Over all they are well made, and no, Expensive Daewoo doesn't make them any batter, they just hide they distortions because their covers are not square and flat like Fords. They are a wierd shape with a bowe built in to the top.

Either way mine looks awesome!

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

If you can, get it optioned from the factory. FoMoCo use aluminium strips at the front and the rear of the tub that do a much better job of securing the cover to the tub. These strips are availalbe separately at spare parts, but it is over $800.... unfortunately the method that FoMoCo used when attaching a hardcover after delivery aren't nearly as neat as factory fitted jobbies, which is a real shame.

I wish they would all use the factory method. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 29d
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted
when attaching a hardcover after delivery aren't nearly as neat as factory fitted jobbies, which is a real shame.

I wish they would all use the factory method. :sleepystuff:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is different in fitment mate? Just interested I will after a factory hardcover soon.

Cheers.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Thanks guys,

I cant wait to get mine installed, but black is so hard to keep clean.

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted

I heard the ford ones warp.

awcinfo.com are making a carbon fibre one sometime this year to be about the same price as the ford one, that shouldn't warp at all.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
I heard the ford ones warp.

awcinfo.com are making a carbon fibre one sometime this year to be about the same price as the ford one, that shouldn't warp at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's what I have heard too but I have not seen any, I think as the guys above say they do move in the heat but got back to normal some what. Im getting one for $930 pre sprayed with locks, struts and hinges. I couldnt refuse.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted
I heard the ford ones warp.

awcinfo.com are making a carbon fibre one sometime this year to be about the same price as the ford one, that shouldn't warp at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's what I have heard too but I have not seen any, I think as the guys above say they do move in the heat but got back to normal some what. Im getting one for $930 pre sprayed with locks, struts and hinges. I couldnt refuse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like a bargain to me! :spoton:

Shane

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 15d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted
If you can, get it optioned from the factory. FoMoCo use aluminium strips at the front and the rear of the tub that do a much better job of securing the cover to the tub. These strips are availalbe separately at spare parts, but it is over $800.... unfortunately the method that FoMoCo used when attaching a hardcover after delivery aren't nearly as neat as factory fitted jobbies, which is a real shame.

I wish they would all use the factory method. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm, there are two hinges and two latches, that's it, where's this $800 part go? And FOrd don't fit them at the factory, they are all done in PD. When I bought mine, I asked every dealer if they could build the car with the lugs removed at the factory, and they all said no, they tried that once and it was too costly, so they are all fitted in Pre Delivery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...