weapon Member 75 Member For: 22y 4m 3d Posted 28/04/05 07:19 AM Posted 28/04/05 07:19 AM can anyone recomend or point me in the right direction for an exhaust.I know a lot of people on the forum get their centre mufflier removed cost around $150 but I spoke to a guy at the exhaust place and he told me to get a cat back duel 2.5 inch system I think he said that it was mad by remus and that's cost $660 insataled he said that this system was pre made bolt on bolt off. and a much better way to go
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 28/04/05 07:28 AM Posted 28/04/05 07:28 AM Besides doing the centre muffler there isn't really any need to change the system cats back. The next biggest restriction is the cat and should be next to go. A free flowing cat and no centre muffler is good for 300+rwkw's.Geea.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 28/04/05 07:59 AM Posted 28/04/05 07:59 AM can anyone recomend or point me in the right direction for an exhaust.I know a lot of people on the forum get their centre mufflier removed cost around $150 but I spoke to a guy at the exhaust place and he told me to get a cat back duel 2.5 inch system I think he said that it was mad by remus and that's cost $660 insataled he said that this system was pre made bolt on bolt off. and a much better way to gofor a decent centre muffler replacement mandrel bent and with hot dogs, your looking at around $300-350 fitted.
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 28/04/05 01:59 PM Posted 28/04/05 01:59 PM Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htmYou will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear).Regs,Dean
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 28/04/05 02:51 PM Posted 28/04/05 02:51 PM Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htmYou will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear).Regs,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What are those x-force systems like??
XR6T-riffic Member 121 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Location: Penrith NSW Posted 29/04/05 11:59 AM Posted 29/04/05 11:59 AM Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htmYou will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear).Regs,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What are those x-force systems like??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hiya weapon,just got the cat back system from bestmufflers and I am very happy with itfree flowing and not overly noisy - great service to boot.
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 29/04/05 02:38 PM Posted 29/04/05 02:38 PM Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htmYou will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear).Regs,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What are those x-force systems like??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hiya weapon,just got the cat back system from bestmufflers and I am very happy with itfree flowing and not overly noisy - great service to boot.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>XR6T-riffic ...... good to hear you like your system ..... looks like Chris's any my hard work with testing all these different systems has paid off. Did you see the info on Chris's web site on my current exhaust ??Swanga, the X-Force systems are great....very good value for money. Im not running one at the moment due to the fact that Chris from Bestmufflers did a custome zorst on mine (to handle the power) however I did run an X-Force system previously and I have a fair few mates with various cars running those systems who are wrapped about them. My personal opinion is, you wont go wrong with one of these systems.Regz,Dean
XR6T-riffic Member 121 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Location: Penrith NSW Posted 30/04/05 04:01 AM Posted 30/04/05 04:01 AM Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htmYou will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear).Regs,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What are those x-force systems like??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hiya weapon,just got the cat back system from bestmufflers and I am very happy with itfree flowing and not overly noisy - great service to boot.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>XR6T-riffic ...... good to hear you like your system ..... looks like Chris's any my hard work with testing all these different systems has paid off. Did you see the info on Chris's web site on my current exhaust ??Swanga, the X-Force systems are great....very good value for money. Im not running one at the moment due to the fact that Chris from Bestmufflers did a custome zorst on mine (to handle the power) however I did run an X-Force system previously and I have a fair few mates with various cars running those systems who are wrapped about them. My personal opinion is, you wont go wrong with one of these systems.Regz,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>yes dean seen all the stuff you and chris did - and hey I dont mind benefitting from experience.love that quad system toomark
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 01/05/05 09:19 AM Posted 01/05/05 09:19 AM Weapon, Have a look at http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htmYou will find all my dyno sheets for the various exhaust systems that I have tested on my car. Believe it or not, I lost power with a dual system. I found a single 3" gave me the best results, and like Geea mentioned, removing the cat and replacing with a high flow cat removed a major restriction. Have a read on the site anyhow, all details of the various systems can be found there including my current quad pipe system that's producing just over 300rwkw (with APS gear).Regs,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What are those x-force systems like??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hiya weapon,just got the cat back system from bestmufflers and I am very happy with itfree flowing and not overly noisy - great service to boot.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>XR6T-riffic ...... good to hear you like your system ..... looks like Chris's any my hard work with testing all these different systems has paid off. Did you see the info on Chris's web site on my current exhaust ??Swanga, the X-Force systems are great....very good value for money. Im not running one at the moment due to the fact that Chris from Bestmufflers did a custome zorst on mine (to handle the power) however I did run an X-Force system previously and I have a fair few mates with various cars running those systems who are wrapped about them. My personal opinion is, you wont go wrong with one of these systems.Regz,Dean<{POST_SNAPBACK}>yes dean seen all the stuff you and chris did - and hey I dont mind benefitting from experience.love that quad system toomark<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You should hear how it sounds, prolly as close to an 8 you will get our of a 6. Its awsome.....prolly a bit loud for the average person though, but meh If you wonna have a look/listen your more then welcome too next time im down at chris's of a weekend.Regz,Dean
XR6T-riffic Member 121 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Location: Penrith NSW Posted 01/05/05 11:13 AM Posted 01/05/05 11:13 AM might take you up on that offer - chris raved about it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now