newxr Member 279 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Posted 18/04/05 10:43 PM Posted 18/04/05 10:43 PM HI AllI would like upgrade all my internal lighting to LEDs (Blue off course ). I can get an LED Fastoon for the main light fron Autopro however does anyone have solutions for the other lights - above the doors, footwell and how the hell can I change the light in the ignition?Also, anyone thought of putting LEDs to light up the steering wheel controls for the sound system and cruise control?TIA (Thanks in Advance) Newxr
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/04/05 10:48 PM Posted 18/04/05 10:48 PM Newxr,Have a look on ebay, they have every type of globe converted to LED.I have a 50/50 mix of LED and conventional lighting as I could not get the small barrel lights in LED at the time, so I bought the globe sleeves in blue that cover the glass and make it blue. The only problem is it is a light blue compared to the dark blue from the LED's.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 18/04/05 10:49 PM Posted 18/04/05 10:49 PM This might sound cheap -but it does work. You can get a glass paint from a craft shop - and paint your bulbs blue. Works quite well - looks good. I did the footwell bulbs, main light and back lights all blue, and still have 99.9% of the bottle of paint left!The only drwaback - the light is dimmer (not a big deal) I am sure blue leds would be brighter and more vivid blue.The ignition lock - havnt looked - imagine it will be a bulb somewhere - can be painted.The steering wheel - not sure If would even try to light up - might be a bit annoying while driving?
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 18/04/05 10:51 PM Posted 18/04/05 10:51 PM I think the writing on the wheel controls are painted on so you would probably have to get buttons made up...Aparently the light in the ignition(I'm assuming you mean the one that lights up the key hole) is pretty easy to do from what I've read. Not sure how. I'm sure someone here might be able to help...Chris
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 19/04/05 12:45 AM Posted 19/04/05 12:45 AM Jaycar sell PC Boards for 31mm and 41mm Festoon Style interior lights for $5ea.You use these boards to mount the LED's (whichever colour you choose) and use the metal ends from the "blown globes" to fit onto the PC board.I haven't tried them yet but noticed them while browsing through the 2005 catalogue.31mm Festoon KC-5354 (Page 15) uses 2 x LED's41mm Festoon KC-5355 (Page 15) uses 3 x LED's
Guest ASH225 Guests Posted 20/04/05 12:35 PM Posted 20/04/05 12:35 PM Excuse my ignorance, but are XR's supposed to have footwell lights? Mine is a 2002 XR6T and I don't have them.
<XR6T> Member 37 Member For: 21y 7m 23d Posted 20/04/05 12:39 PM Posted 20/04/05 12:39 PM Excuse my ignorance, but are XR's supposed to have footwell lights? Mine is a 2002 XR6T and I don't have them.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They dont come out from factory but the sockets are there. Just go to repco or supercheap or something and get 12volt wedge type bulbs. There is one socket under the glovebox and the other one is easier found with the fuse cover taken off. It is down the bottom of that. Makes a good mod for about 2 bucks.
Guest ASH225 Guests Posted 20/04/05 12:42 PM Posted 20/04/05 12:42 PM Thanks heaps....you learn a new thing about your own car every day!
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/04/05 12:43 PM Posted 20/04/05 12:43 PM Excuse my ignorance, but are XR's supposed to have footwell lights? Mine is a 2002 XR6T and I don't have them.They dont come out from factory but the sockets are there. Just go to repco or supercheap or something and get 12volt wedge type bulbs. There is one socket under the glovebox and the other one is easier found with the fuse cover taken off. It is down the bottom of that. Makes a good mod for about 2 bucks.Assuming you have premium sound.
<XR6T> Member 37 Member For: 21y 7m 23d Posted 20/04/05 12:49 PM Posted 20/04/05 12:49 PM Excuse my ignorance, but are XR's supposed to have footwell lights? Mine is a 2002 XR6T and I don't have them.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They dont come out from factory but the sockets are there. Just go to repco or supercheap or something and get 12volt wedge type bulbs. There is one socket under the glovebox and the other one is easier found with the fuse cover taken off. It is down the bottom of that. Makes a good mod for about 2 bucks.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Assuming you have premium sound.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah yes sorry forgot about the premium sound bit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now