velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 22y 9d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 30/03/05 08:33 AM Author Posted 30/03/05 08:33 AM I have $1700 to spend on my T what would you guys sugest I get done first.Thanks in advance.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What type of driving do you do? What type of driving would you like to do?I know a lot of people complain about the standard brakes but I think a lot of it comes back to your own driving style. What I'm saying is that way too many people rely too much on their brakes. If you aren't one of these I wouldn't touch the brakes until I found a problem with them.Now, I see you have a manual which is good 'cos the autos are of course harder on brakes. And if you have a manual I'm going to assume you like driving your car and get some degree of enjoyment from a quick fang around some twisty bits??? If so I'd suggest spending your first dollars on some Koni shocks and heavier (Whiteline do some good ones) sway bars, together with some nolathane bushes through your suspension. You will spend about the money you have nominated and you will get a very pleasing car to drive at the end of it.On the other hand, if straight line speed is your thing and you like to have a go at the lights or down the strip, then an exhaust and edit would be the way to go for that sort of money.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>quite happy with the brakes & the suspension im starting to lean towards an edit
weapon Member 75 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Posted 30/03/05 08:43 AM Posted 30/03/05 08:43 AM can anyone recomend a good CAI for under 150 and recomend a good filter
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 30/03/05 08:46 AM Posted 30/03/05 08:46 AM can anyone recomend a good CAI for under 150 and recomend a good filterk&n or bmc panel filter for around $140xr8 snorkel from your dealer and 100mm plumbers rubber pipe from bunnings... stick them together for $70 and drill a whole into your box and stick it under your headlight
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 30/03/05 10:03 AM Posted 30/03/05 10:03 AM Can someone please post the part number for the snorkel again, I cant find it.Dazza.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Posted 30/03/05 10:50 PM Posted 30/03/05 10:50 PM Can someone please post the part number for the snorkel again, I cant find it.Dazza.Pm me your email address and I'll send you a word document with part numbers and a step-by-step including photographs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now