Jump to content

Premium Sound And Cd-r/cd-rw's


Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 5d
Posted
They play CD-R's but do not play CD-RW's.

Things have changed if they try and charge anyone for replacing a CD stacker that has CD-R's stuck in it. Mine jammed and was replaced for free under warranty. Was full of original CD's and CD-R's too (7 in fact!)

I agree. Mine plays CD-R's but CR-RW's will not play.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

It's pot luck with CDRW - some will play and some won't. Even some CDR won't play but this is more rare.

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 16d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

A forum member who's name escapes me and who doesn't post here anymore measured a whole bunch of CDs, CDRs and CDRWs with a micrometer and found there is a lot of varience in the thickness of 'proper' shop-bought pre-recorded CDs so there is just as much chance of them jamming as CDRW or CDR. Probably best to stick to reputable brands rather than cheng shing pirate specials.

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

No prob, with either....Never skips a beat.

  • The Best Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Any of you using CDRW's, do they still work if you re-write to the disk? Also, what brand are you using?

Guest pjk
  • Guests
Posted

I too would appreciate any recommendations regarding CD-R brands. Am I best off just picking up a '100 pack' from Big W/Aldi etc? Or are there certain brands to avoid?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 2d
  • Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra...
Posted (edited)

I'd prob avoid the box o hundred CD's... The fact that there has been no case protecting each CD means that it could be damaged (That been said I do know of lots of people who swear by them, but I expect it's also because their cheap).

If you look at a cd in a normal case you'll see the CD sits a couple of mm above the case except for the centre of the CD where it clips in, it's there the CD actually touches the case the rest of it has a small air gap between the CD and the case. But with the box o 100 CD's they are all stacked on top of each other with no separators (a slim bit of cardboard cutout between each one would do it...)

Although it hasn't been intentional I have usually been getting the TDK discs. I haven't had any probs with them in any car CD player... (I've used them in both my old car and the XR6T)

As for CD-RW's CD Car players have been getting better at playing them but their still not perfect. It depends on how well the CDRW was burnt (and how well it was erased) as to if it's really going to work in a CD player (the difference between the 0's and 1's are harder to tell on a CDRW compared to a CD-R or a normal pressed CD)

Just my 2c

Edited by harvyk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...