Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/03/05 09:50 AM Posted 07/03/05 09:50 AM A set of BA 18" with tyres, pretty low km's and condition as new.What would you pay???I am thinking about $1500 would be fair considering some of the deals from Tempe etc and they were only a $2K dealer option.What do you guys think. Not enough? Too much? I am undecided but need new tyres and its a good opportunity to upgrade.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 07/03/05 10:54 AM Posted 07/03/05 10:54 AM Only if you really really like the style of the ford 18" wheels, otherwise I would go aftermarket. My ford 18" are going soon, all the clear coating is peeling off them and they are starting to look shabby.Dazza.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/03/05 11:41 AM Author Posted 07/03/05 11:41 AM Only if you really really like the style of the ford 18" wheels, otherwise I would go aftermarket. My ford 18" are going soon, all the clear coating is peeling off them and they are starting to look shabby.Dazza.The factory 18"'s appeal because they come with good tyres. The aftermarket rims for similiar $ come with average rubber.
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/03/05 11:54 AM Posted 07/03/05 11:54 AM I was told the other sday by the dealer that 18s where a 1500 dollar tion
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 07/03/05 12:14 PM Posted 07/03/05 12:14 PM Only if you really really like the style of the ford 18" wheels, otherwise I would go aftermarket. My ford 18" are going soon, all the clear coating is peeling off them and they are starting to look shabby.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The factory 18"'s appeal because they come with good tyres. The aftermarket rims for similiar $ come with average rubber.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I spose, but the rubber is going to need to be replaced eventually. And from what I have heard from tyre places they arent that highly rated, and I thought the sp 9000's were a bit dissapointing too, that opinion is in regard to the rate in which they wore out, for me it equated in roughly $40 a week in tyre wear with the sp 9000's.Dazza.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 07/03/05 12:17 PM Posted 07/03/05 12:17 PM I wouldnt pay anymore than 1200 for a set with average rubber.. the option is only $1320.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 07/03/05 12:33 PM Posted 07/03/05 12:33 PM It was a $1900 option when I got mine 2 years ago.Dazza.
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Gold Coast Posted 07/03/05 12:36 PM Posted 07/03/05 12:36 PM I saw a set forsale in the trading post for $1000 a couple of months back, tyres & rims used for 1 day!
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/03/05 12:36 PM Author Posted 07/03/05 12:36 PM I wouldnt pay anymore than 1200 for a set with average rubber.. the option is only $1320.I would think for $1200 they would be a bargain.
theeone Member 349 Member For: 23y 4m 10d Location: Hoddles Creek (VIC) Posted 07/03/05 01:05 PM Posted 07/03/05 01:05 PM $1500 option for set of 4$1900 option for set of 5Ford website
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now