ROBiiE Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 08/01/05 04:32 PM Posted 08/01/05 04:32 PM Hey people,I will be up for a new set of tyres soon, but with my added Phase 2 power I would like to have more traction Is it possible to widen the standard Ford rim (to say 9.5"), or is this not safe to do? I have 18s.The other option is to just buy a wider wheel I guess. I would like to fit 275/40 18s on the rear.CheersRob
trbo 6 Member 230 Member For: 22y 7m 1d Gender: Male Posted 10/01/05 04:03 AM Posted 10/01/05 04:03 AM I have phase II and just put 265 35 18's on the arse end in a ute. load more traction, doesn't break into wheelspin as much any more.
ROBiiE Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 11/01/05 09:27 AM Author Posted 11/01/05 09:27 AM I have phase II and just put 265 35 18's on the arse end in a ute. load more traction, doesn't break into wheelspin as much any more.Did you get new rims as well? If so, how wide are they?CheersRob
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 11/01/05 02:26 PM Posted 11/01/05 02:26 PM You would be better off going all out and getting new rims and tyres, I dont think you can fit 275's on the standard width ford 18" rim. A popular choice is to put 19's on and go 245 at the front and 275 on the rear, with the fron being standard width and the rear being 9.5". Check out tempe tyres website, they have a good listing of stuff on their including prices its a great guide.Dazza.
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 16d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 11/01/05 10:13 PM Posted 11/01/05 10:13 PM Whats the widest you can fit on the T?330's would look hot!
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 12/01/05 01:54 AM Posted 12/01/05 01:54 AM Whats the widest you can fit on the T?330's would look hot! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and empty the bank account quite nicely when it comes time for new tyres. I was going to go 275 on the rear, it looks awesome, but at the time the rubber was expensive and you cant rotate the tyres.Dazza.
conza Member 19 Member For: 21y 11m 8d Location: Gold Coast, Qld Posted 12/01/05 02:03 AM Posted 12/01/05 02:03 AM Got my 19's Xmas eve! What a present. 19x8.5 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear, and as mentioned running 245 and 275 rubber respectively. Can also mention that I traded my MKII 17" rims at the same time and got 1200 bucks for em. Total swap $1400, thanks Tempe Tyres :-)
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 12/01/05 03:05 AM Posted 12/01/05 03:05 AM got some piccies.Dazza.
ROBiiE Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 12/01/05 07:42 AM Author Posted 12/01/05 07:42 AM Got my 19's Xmas eve! What a present. 19x8.5 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear, and as mentioned running 245 and 275 rubber respectively. Can also mention that I traded my MKII 17" rims at the same time and got 1200 bucks for em. Total swap $1400, thanks Tempe Tyres :-)that's great! What rims are they? And more importantly, what kind of rubber did they come with? Did you trade your 17" rims with Tempe Tyres direct? Can you tell us what you got for them? (Damn, that's alot of questions )I was hoping to stay away from 19's only for the fact that the rubber obviously costs more.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 12/01/05 09:54 AM Posted 12/01/05 09:54 AM Got my 19's Xmas eve! What a present. 19x8.5 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear, and as mentioned running 245 and 275 rubber respectively. Can also mention that I traded my MKII 17" rims at the same time and got 1200 bucks for em. Total swap $1400, thanks Tempe Tyres :-)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's great! What rims are they? And more importantly, what kind of rubber did they come with? Did you trade your 17" rims with Tempe Tyres direct? Can you tell us what you got for them? (Damn, that's alot of questions )I was hoping to stay away from 19's only for the fact that the rubber obviously costs more.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The rubber doesnt really cost that much more at all, my 245/40 18" nankangs were $250 each and 245/35 19" nankangs we had ordered for our ute were $270 each, the only reason we didnt get them is becasue the warehouse ran out so we were given more expensive tyres at the same price, also that width and diamater tyre will become more popular in the future and will bring the tyre prices down a little. I recon you should go for it and get some 19"Dazza
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now