Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Hi,

Dont know about you guys but its a public holiday in NZ so what better time to ask a really time wasting question but one I cant answer.

I have had 3 XR Falcons and someone asked me the other day what XR means and I couldnt answer.

I do know that HRT is actually "Hormone Repalcement Therapy" but what does XR really mean?

is it XtRa or something?

:spoton:

Edited by Gavin Conroy
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • The Best Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I read somewhere that when they first introduced the XR8 and XR6, that the reason they chose the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.

That's the real reason, I like "eXtra Racey" or something like that!

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.

That's the real reason, I like "eXtra Racey" or something like that!

that's my undertsanding too but eXtra Racey works as well.

  • nutter
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 2d
  • Location: Wagga Wagga
Posted
I read somewhere that when they first introduced the XR8 and XR6, that the reason they chose the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is what I was going to say also

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted
I thought it was Xcitement Rating 6 or 8, and now 6T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or 60 :spoton:

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 12d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

Man you kiwis do get bored, go buy some fush & chups or something :innocent:

Dazza.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
I read somewhere that when they first introduced the XR8 and XR6, that the reason they chose the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YUP .. that's it! :spoton:

and XT replaced Forte as the base model designation because Ford wanted to extend the sporting image of the range right down to the base model and XT was the second generation GT.

So will the base model in the successor to the BA be called a Phase I ??? or a SHAKER???

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Man you kiwis do get bored, go buy some fush & chups or something  :w00t2:

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha Ha,

You must have been bored enough to actually answer. :spoton:

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 12d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
Man you kiwis do get bored, go buy some fush & chups or something  :blush:

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha Ha,

You must have been bored enough to actually answer. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like you wouldnt believe, before I posted I was watching a spider eat a moth.

Dazza.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...