FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 3d Gender: Male Posted 28/12/04 05:11 AM Posted 28/12/04 05:11 AM (edited) Hi, Dont know about you guys but its a public holiday in NZ so what better time to ask a really time wasting question but one I cant answer.I have had 3 XR Falcons and someone asked me the other day what XR means and I couldnt answer.I do know that HRT is actually "Hormone Repalcement Therapy" but what does XR really mean?is it XtRa or something? Edited 28/12/04 05:14 AM by Gavin Conroy
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 28/12/04 05:18 AM Posted 28/12/04 05:18 AM I read somewhere that when they first introduced the XR8 and XR6, that the reason they chose the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.That's the real reason, I like "eXtra Racey" or something like that!
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/12/04 06:08 AM Posted 28/12/04 06:08 AM the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.That's the real reason, I like "eXtra Racey" or something like that!that's my undertsanding too but eXtra Racey works as well.
sbr79 Member 280 Member For: 22y 3m 5d Posted 28/12/04 07:52 AM Posted 28/12/04 07:52 AM I thought it was Xcitement Rating 6 or 8, and now 6T
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 9m 3d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 28/12/04 09:57 AM Posted 28/12/04 09:57 AM I read somewhere that when they first introduced the XR8 and XR6, that the reason they chose the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>this is what I was going to say also
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 28/12/04 10:13 AM Posted 28/12/04 10:13 AM I thought it was Xcitement Rating 6 or 8, and now 6T<{POST_SNAPBACK}>or 60
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/12/04 04:06 PM Posted 28/12/04 04:06 PM Man you kiwis do get bored, go buy some fush & chups or something Dazza.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 28/12/04 09:37 PM Posted 28/12/04 09:37 PM I read somewhere that when they first introduced the XR8 and XR6, that the reason they chose the letters "XR" was because the XR Falcon was the model where the GT was introduced.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>YUP .. that's it! and XT replaced Forte as the base model designation because Ford wanted to extend the sporting image of the range right down to the base model and XT was the second generation GT.So will the base model in the successor to the BA be called a Phase I ??? or a SHAKER???
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 3d Gender: Male Posted 29/12/04 05:47 AM Author Posted 29/12/04 05:47 AM Man you kiwis do get bored, go buy some fush & chups or something Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ha Ha, You must have been bored enough to actually answer.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Location: Toowoomba Posted 29/12/04 12:48 PM Posted 29/12/04 12:48 PM Man you kiwis do get bored, go buy some fush & chups or something Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ha Ha, You must have been bored enough to actually answer. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Like you wouldnt believe, before I posted I was watching a spider eat a moth.Dazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now