geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 30/12/04 02:45 AM Posted 30/12/04 02:45 AM Well done on having a go. The first runs are always the hardest and you'll be thinking about what happened and what can be done better till the next time you go racing. Learn from these experiences and always make sure you're having fun. With experience the times will come down and the buzz from a good run makes up for all the bad runs.Just remember you only need one perfect run to have a great time slip. Geea.
shiftkits.com.au Member 29 Member For: 21y 11m 21d Posted 30/12/04 08:36 AM Posted 30/12/04 08:36 AM How do you guys get on with diffs, tailshafts and uni's?I managed to shatter my 9" with only 300rwhp, its amazing to see a borgy handle 400+ hp...
mk11tute Member 446 Member For: 21y 11m 15d Location: gold coast Posted 30/12/04 08:47 AM Posted 30/12/04 08:47 AM 9inch in my race car takes 650 rwhp no probs must have been a dud diff
waxyjj Legacy Donating Member 242 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: brisbane. Posted 30/12/04 09:56 AM Posted 30/12/04 09:56 AM We went to willowbank last night to have a go, reaction .863 60ft 2.546 15.199etsecond run, reaction .729 60ft 2.255 14.684et.First time on the track, still have to learn about the auto. Didn't stall it up first run,second run left at about 2,ooo felt good but I had auto in sss didn't change into top gear that good.That many cars there no chance of any more runs, good night though.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 14d Location: Toowoomba Posted 30/12/04 05:14 PM Posted 30/12/04 05:14 PM If your car is a stocker, try launching at about 2200rpm that's where I seem to get the best launches.Dazza.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Birkdale Posted 30/12/04 10:14 PM Posted 30/12/04 10:14 PM My ute had it first ever run down the 1/4 (and mine), I only got one go at it and I nearly stalled the 1920kg monster off the line and stil managed a 14.718. The dyno wasn't lying when it said I had 200 at the wheels, she flies!Details:Reaction 1.23060ft 2.444ET 14.718MPH 98.40*** Winner ***Next time I'll give it more than 1500rpm and look for a 14.2 or thereabouts.
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 31/12/04 01:07 AM Author Posted 31/12/04 01:07 AM Hate to say this but I warned you about the clutch.Brilliant engineering by ford, it's like putting a 10litre fuel tank in a big block engined car.At least you had some fun apart from the clutch let down.Let me know when you head out again and I will bring my stock T for some side by side runs if you are interested.Peter<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah - very disappointed with the clutch. Its like I've got all this power I need to be gentle with. Definitely wobn't bother with any power-up mods unless a heavy duty clutch is in first.Re: going side by side - are you now in Perth or still in Sydney? It'll be hard if your'e over East, but I would like to run next to another manual or even auto T at Motorplex. Any interest?Mark
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 31/12/04 01:16 AM Author Posted 31/12/04 01:16 AM Sorry Peter (loaded) - just realised my profile didn't say I was in Perth. I've updated it.Mark
Ian Member 56 Member For: 22y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 31/12/04 01:16 AM Posted 31/12/04 01:16 AM yeah I wouldn't mind a go when I get it back from the panel beaters. Stock manual but wont be for about a month. Work commitments and other rubbish
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 31/12/04 01:28 AM Author Posted 31/12/04 01:28 AM that's cool - I should know in a month if I've done any permanent damage to my clutch!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now