BA-PHOON Member 67 Member For: 21y 9m 7d Posted 20/04/05 04:28 AM Posted 20/04/05 04:28 AM Chickenwhat about:What is a datadot?What is the GT front suspension? Lower and/or stiffer springs? or does it add more negative camber?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>....just heard from FPV - clutch 'upgrade' will be released next week on the 26th April......and.....DataDots are a state of the art identification technology, about the size of a grain of sand. DataDots are made from a high tech polyester substrate, suspended in a clear drying adhesive with a traceable formula. Each DataDot is laser etched with unique information directly associating the asset with its owner. The adhesive shines under ultra-violet light, but many DataDots will remain hidden and thus impossible for thieves to find and remove. The DataDot system ensures that assets can be easily identified and traced back to their owner, with the use of recognized Police and Government databases.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 20/04/05 05:18 AM Posted 20/04/05 05:18 AM The datadots sound great - pity they dont do the XRs as well.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 20/04/05 06:06 AM Posted 20/04/05 06:06 AM They do.I had it done,
<XR6T> Member 37 Member For: 21y 7m 24d Posted 20/04/05 10:46 AM Posted 20/04/05 10:46 AM The datadots sound great - pity they dont do the XRs as well.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldnt want my car back after it had been stolen anyway, if they want it bad enough they can have it. that's what I pay insurance for. Datadot might save a few bucks a year on insurance but after it is stolen insurance company will say "Hey good news we found your car wrapped around a tree. Good thing it had datadots now all we have to do is fix it ". So then you get your pride and joy back after it has been trashed and soiled by some druggo loser that needs to get money for a fix. Would you want to drive that car again?? I know I wouldnt.
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 22d Location: In The Ute Posted 20/04/05 11:13 AM Posted 20/04/05 11:13 AM The datadots sound great - pity they dont do the XRs as well.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldnt want my car back after it had been stolen anyway, if they want it bad enough they can have it. that's what I pay insurance for. Datadot might save a few bucks a year on insurance but after it is stolen insurance company will say "Hey good news we found your car wrapped around a tree. Good thing it had datadots now all we have to do is fix it ". So then you get your pride and joy back after it has been trashed and soiled by some druggo loser that needs to get money for a fix. Would you want to drive that car again?? I know I wouldnt.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is not the idea of the datadot I don’t think.The datadot is a deterrent to car thieves by way of tattooing every panel and most parts. This is a means of tracing stolen parts back to individual fencers and ultimately prosecution of the thief and or the group that is stripping and/or selling parts or vehicles.Any Car thief will avoid a datadotted car in preference to one that isn’t and even go for the lesser valued vehicle so as not to risk being traced when fencing parts.Stealing a car for Joy riding is somewhat different and as such datadot will obviously have no influence on the car thief/joy rider as they have no intension of selling parts or the vehicle.There is a very large market in Australia for stolen car parts and especially for upmarket parts such as HSV and FPV and this is where it’s at its best as a deterrent.
<XR6T> Member 37 Member For: 21y 7m 24d Posted 20/04/05 12:00 PM Posted 20/04/05 12:00 PM The datadots sound great - pity they dont do the XRs as well.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldnt want my car back after it had been stolen anyway, if they want it bad enough they can have it. that's what I pay insurance for. Datadot might save a few bucks a year on insurance but after it is stolen insurance company will say "Hey good news we found your car wrapped around a tree. Good thing it had datadots now all we have to do is fix it ". So then you get your pride and joy back after it has been trashed and soiled by some druggo loser that needs to get money for a fix. Would you want to drive that car again?? I know I wouldnt.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is not the idea of the datadot I don’t think.The datadot is a deterrent to car thieves by way of tattooing every panel and most parts. This is a means of tracing stolen parts back to individual fencers and ultimately prosecution of the thief and or the group that is stripping and/or selling parts or vehicles.Any Car thief will avoid a datadotted car in preference to one that isn’t and even go for the lesser valued vehicle so as not to risk being traced when fencing parts.Stealing a car for Joy riding is somewhat different and as such datadot will obviously have no influence on the car thief/joy rider as they have no intension of selling parts or the vehicle.There is a very large market in Australia for stolen car parts and especially for upmarket parts such as HSV and FPV and this is where it’s at its best as a deterrent.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah good point but alot of the time they will just steal the car then strip it down. The stolen parts will get bolted to another vehicle within a week or two of the car being stripped, which will make it harder to recover the stolen parts. It would make it easier to fry the big fish as they would have a garage full of datadotted parts. What I am tryin to say is the parts these "big fish" peddle off, most times would be to someone unsuspecting whom the cops wouldnt look twice at. Cops wouldnt look twice at an XR6T driving around with an F6 intercooler, or Rear wing off a stolen vehicle, and those parts will most likely never be recovered. If my car had it from new I wouldn't knock it back but I wouldnt go out and pay to get it done...Sorry gone off topic now.
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 7m 26d Location: ACT Posted 20/04/05 01:05 PM Posted 20/04/05 01:05 PM Just more Boost.A few others you forgot.Engine oil cooler.Twin air bags plus side air bags.FPV alarmDataDot,Twin Plate Clutch (scary)GT front suspensionStarter Button (novelty)Full size alloy spare.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>And a few w@nk value things like illuminated power window switches and automatic twilight sensing headlights. but you still have to buy your own globes for footwell illumination.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 21/04/05 01:39 AM Posted 21/04/05 01:39 AM The w@nk items are now standard on Mk2 anyway - illuminated switches, twilight sensing headlights.
turbocorty Legacy Donating Member 178 Member For: 23y Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/04/05 09:19 AM Author Posted 21/04/05 09:19 AM YES ..I am still waiting for this POS....I don't think I have a chance of getting anything out of FPV..The F^%$ers don't even call me for an update.Anyway, I am over it.As I said before, when I get hold of it, I am going to make it pay!!!I drove an F6 with modified clutch the last week, gear changes felt great and clutch held up good.We see how long it last!Cheers
turbocorty Legacy Donating Member 178 Member For: 23y Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/05 02:15 PM Author Posted 21/05/05 02:15 PM Getting delivery on the 6th of April!!!! Lets see FPV have been kind enough to give me a hire car while I wait...very kind of them!Anyway, after six months it better be worth the wait!!Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now