turbocorty Legacy Donating Member 178 Member For: 23y 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/12/04 08:49 AM Posted 15/12/04 08:49 AM Hi Guy's,Just placed an order for a silver Typhoon...can't wait.I have decided to get it regardless of all the problems that it has. I would rather give the money to Ford than Holden ...Over the next few months I will be decking it out with all Blaupunkt gear..Might even try and enter a few SPL comps..time will tell.Looks like I won't be driving my turbo cortina for a while!!Anyway..I was just so excited that I had to tell you.PS. I have not driven a typhoon yet...better be good.CheersI
leonb Member 93 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: South oz Posted 15/12/04 09:26 AM Posted 15/12/04 09:26 AM good work turbocorty.shure you will love it!im paitently waiting on my upgrade around mid 05.a......TORNADO UTE....havent driven one yet but shure to be....better than sex...almost!now the wait is going 2 kill you.anyhow congrats!
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 15/12/04 09:37 AM Posted 15/12/04 09:37 AM Congrats on the purchase.l wouldnt get too concerned about the problems, there is a high chance the car will be fine. its just unfortunate that it can be a bit of a lottery with Ford.Good luck and be sure to post some pics.
vuster Member 112 Member For: 21y 11m 5d Location: Melbourne Posted 15/12/04 10:36 PM Posted 15/12/04 10:36 PM (edited) Welcome to the Typhoon club turbocorty. I've had my Typhoon on order for a couple of weeks and it has been a emotional rollercoaster ride reading all the posts on this forum. People can do backflips on their opinions on the Typhoon in just a matter of a day and my opinion is that you should just wait awhile and let time tell the full story instead of going emotional on every issue that arises.Don't let these issues make you regret your purchase. I know that in the end I will be happy with the car because I'm not the type of person who will take notice of every little detail of the car. As long as it is comfortable,fast and supplies the torque when I need it, then I will be happy. I'm pretty confident that it would be a great street car.Silver is one of the best colours and it seems that most people are getting that. Only problem is that it's going to be really common for that car. Edited 15/12/04 10:40 PM by vuster
turbocorty Legacy Donating Member 178 Member For: 23y 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/12/04 02:27 PM Author Posted 19/12/04 02:27 PM This wait is killing me..was originally told I would have it before Xmas...Now it looks like next year some time.Q. Has anyone on this forum run the standard F6 down the 1/4 using "Quick" gear changes? If yes, what times.All am very confused with the times posted in the mags. My standard 225kW VX SS ran a 14.1 sec and I remember having difficulty keeping up with a standard auto XR6T.Q. Has anyone "Flat changed" gears in thier F6? I love flat changing everthing so the F6 will not be an exception! I just hope it holds together.I guess all these questions will be answered once I get my hands on it.G.
Guest blufoon Guests Posted 20/12/04 02:03 AM Posted 20/12/04 02:03 AM you will be over the moon with it mine is #030 and has 6000 ks on it and its just a great car to drive
turbocorty Legacy Donating Member 178 Member For: 23y 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/12/04 01:05 PM Author Posted 25/12/04 01:05 PM how cool is this...I must wait 2 Months for bloody delivery! Back to the Cortina we go.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 25/12/04 10:44 PM Posted 25/12/04 10:44 PM Congrats on the purchase.l wouldnt get too concerned about the problems, there is a high chance the car will be fine. its just unfortunate that it can be a bit of a lottery with Ford.Good luck and be sure to post some pics.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good choice.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/12/04 11:51 PM Posted 25/12/04 11:51 PM how cool is this...I must wait 2 Months for bloody delivery! Back to the Cortina we go.From pre-christmas delivery it has blown out to 2 more months?? Couldnt be happy with that. Upside is you'll get an 05 build now. I'm sure you'll love it when you get it.
Guest ThePhoon Guests Posted 25/12/04 11:53 PM Posted 25/12/04 11:53 PM I have done about 350k since thursday in my Typhoon and can't knock the silly grin of my dial.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now