doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m Location: sydney Posted 03/12/04 12:31 AM Posted 03/12/04 12:31 AM hello guys.I am not sure if this is normal this cars suspension. I am going to try and explain it.the suspension on my t is great. when I go over bumps it is smooth but sometimes when the car goes over a number of bumps in the road and I have my windows down I can hear like cracking sound. hard to explain the sound but it is like there is a crack in the suspension and it seem to crack more and more. it is not a smooth woosh or a hard bubum noise it is more metally or tinny.it does not affect the car it is just a weird noise. I can hear it usually when I am driving next to a wall or something which reflects the sound back onto me.anyone help me out?does anyone understand what I am saying?
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/12/04 12:26 PM Posted 05/12/04 12:26 PM hello guys.I am not sure if this is normal this cars suspension. I am going to try and explain it.the suspension on my t is great. when I go over bumps it is smooth but sometimes when the car goes over a number of bumps in the road and I have my windows down I can hear like cracking sound. hard to explain the sound but it is like there is a crack in the suspension and it seem to crack more and more. it is not a smooth woosh or a hard bubum noise it is more metally or tinny.it does not affect the car it is just a weird noise. I can hear it usually when I am driving next to a wall or something which reflects the sound back onto me.anyone help me out?does anyone understand what I am saying?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yup, there is a TSB out on it.The fix is to angle grind 5mm of your rear suspension towers.I'm worried about what it'll do to the strength of the towers so I'm living with it.That and, my last T's suspension was shot after 10,000kms (handled like crap). This one is still awesome 20,000kms later. This problem only seems to be happening to cars built between June 04 and End of August 04, so it seems we might have a better suspension setup (but louder) than others.One of my WRX mates said it was a common problem with the Impreza's, and what they normally done was put some rubber conduit around the springs to stop it rubbing against the tower.I'll give this a shot when I could be bothered.
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m Location: sydney Posted 05/12/04 09:57 PM Author Posted 05/12/04 09:57 PM thatnx for that. I have a december 2003 build but I do not think that I will be grinding anything down.I just hope that it does not get worse. did you say that the cars built between june 04 - august 04 have more of this problem?
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/12/04 12:18 AM Posted 06/12/04 12:18 AM thatnx for that. I have a december 2003 build but I do not think that I will be grinding anything down.I just hope that it does not get worse. did you say that the cars built between june 04 - august 04 have more of this problem?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well that is what the TSB said. I'm suprised your Dec03 is effected....
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m Location: sydney Posted 06/12/04 01:50 AM Author Posted 06/12/04 01:50 AM do you think it would be worth it for ford to have a look or should I just live with it.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 06/12/04 05:45 AM Posted 06/12/04 05:45 AM I think there was a problem with bolts that hold the steering rack in place, check these or get your dealer to at next service.
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m Location: sydney Posted 06/12/04 06:18 AM Author Posted 06/12/04 06:18 AM will do. thanx for that boys.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/12/04 07:26 AM Posted 06/12/04 07:26 AM do you think it would be worth it for ford to have a look or should I just live with it.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>There were a couple of other temporary fixes before the TSB came in, none of them worked on my car.Personally I am just going to live with it.I don't mind drilling holes to bolt stuff on, but grinding away parts of my car doesn't appeal to me...
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m Location: sydney Posted 06/12/04 07:34 AM Author Posted 06/12/04 07:34 AM so cro.. do you know what ford may do to fix this problem when I take it in?can they stuff it even more.and why will you not go for this tsb thing.by the way call me stupid, what the f*ck is a tsb
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m Location: sydney Posted 06/12/04 07:36 AM Author Posted 06/12/04 07:36 AM is it a recall?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now