Guest Mr Walker Guests Posted 27/03/03 02:20 AM Posted 27/03/03 02:20 AM I'm sorry if I have offended you. I think, as another post mentioned, I may have taken things out of context but I saw your 'Ghost that terrorizes' & 'Screaming down a main street near you' statement as extremely bold and contradictory to someone who is anti stop light grand prix.I think there is a difference between full on 'Street racing' and 'having a bit of a go'. I don't condone street racing but I may accelerate quickly away from the lights from time to time. I enjoy acceleration but top end speed doesn't excite me - that's the killer. That's why I can't understand people on this site whinging about the 230km/h speed limiter on the XR6T.For the record I am very involved with club racing/ sprint events in Western Australia so that's where I get my rocks off - I don't need to do it on the street. But if an SS pulls up at the lights, provokes me and the speed limit is 80 then I would probably accelerate to 85 - 90 - 95 as fast as I can and then back off - call me evil if you will. (This opportunity has only arisen 3 times in about the last 10 years as all my last 4 daily drivers were standard V6 Late model camira company cars).
Mike1 Member 48 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Location: Perth Posted 27/03/03 03:36 AM Posted 27/03/03 03:36 AM Mr Walker, sounds like you enjoy driving events (sprints, club events etc). Have you done any in the XR yet? If not you should enter the Classic Challenge on 12 and 13 April. (check out www.classicrally.com.au).2 days of driving events (20 in total) and great fun. I've done the last 5 of these and it's a great way to give the car a workout in a controlled environment.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 27/03/03 03:57 AM Posted 27/03/03 03:57 AM Mr Walker,That's cool, As you would notice, signature's changed. I probably thought of something in a matter of seconds as really I was not planning to spend so much time on this forum but what can you say? It's addictive and one hell of an enjoyable read!!! My nic, ed-au-ba-xr6, not really original or inventive is it? Same reason. I've always been a Ford fan and if they continue to make kick*ss vehicles as they have been doing thanks to the "BA" and the introduction of FPV, well what can you say, I always will have a blue oval tattooed on me heart.I can understand, hell If I was in a XR6T or XR8...lol. GT for that matter, oh yeah, temptation would be there alright, probably a good thing I'm not driving one as I would probably do myself in. You would melt if you saw some of the XD/XE Falcons one of my friends have created. They make the XR6T look like a *beep* cat. Take your stock 4.1 6 cyl, add twin turbo's, $30,000 later for a HEAVILY modified engine bay. The thing's capable of approx 340kw+, heavily modified diff/tailshaft. Needs the damn things custom made to stop preventing the tail shafts from twisting. Scary stuff. Aviation grade paint on the bonnet as normal paint would blister in no time. This thing is incredible. I'll have to get exact specs. off him as you guys would love it.LOL, hey in time, if I become mentally disturbed enough, he's offering to modify our XR6 N/A. Although it would be brilliant. This car is a 'keeper' for us. We don't plan on getting rid of her in a hurry so shortening the engine life would not be a good thing. : ) Not to mention that it would be impossible for us to maintain her as we are not made of money.I've had my 'hoon' days, been hurt from losing close friends. It's really not worth it.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/03/03 04:56 AM Posted 27/03/03 04:56 AM You would melt if you saw some of the XD/XE Falcons one of my friends have created. They make the XR6T look like a *beep* cat. Take your stock 4.1 6 cyl, add twin turbo's, $30,000 later for a HEAVILY modified engine bay. The thing's capable of approx 340kw+, heavily modified diff/tailshaft. Needs the damn things custom made to stop preventing the tail shafts from twisting. Scary stuff. Aviation grade paint on the bonnet as normal paint would blister in no time. This thing is incredible. I'll have to get exact specs. off him as you guys would love it.Ahem... PICS!!!!I love the XE!!My dream car...just wish I had enough money to do what I want to one..
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 27/03/03 05:05 AM Posted 27/03/03 05:05 AM Ahem... PICS!!!!I love the XE!!My dream car...just wish I had enough money to do what I want to one.. I'll see if I can scrounge some up for you.
Guest cul08r Guests Posted 27/03/03 09:38 AM Posted 27/03/03 09:38 AM YEP,I have played with a VX SS ute in my mates XR6T and even though it was hard keeping traction in the ute, I think the XR6T will beat one. We swapped drivers and results were similar. The ute is v similar to the car, VX SS that is. Dunno about the XR6T. The Acceleration od the XR6T is v smooth, and deceiving. I have a rex atm, and it will just hold the XR6T to the finish, doing 13.55 400s. And to add to the prev posts, keep it off the streets ppl. It aint worth losing it in NSW now. Take it to Wakefield, Eastern Creek etc...Andrew
Guest VXLS1 Guests Posted 27/03/03 11:37 AM Posted 27/03/03 11:37 AM I am with everyone else keep it off the streets, have seen afew XR6T at the drags run usually around 14.2, best I have seen was a 13.91@100. Very similar to a LS1 powered commodore, xr6t maybe slightly quicker, but if the Ls1 man can peddle than stock for stock they are line ball. I had the pleasure of lining one up at the drags and am happy to say did him in quite smartly, 13.5 for me , 14.2 for him.
MattB Member 169 Member For: 23y 8m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 28/03/03 03:46 AM Posted 28/03/03 03:46 AM Have successfully lined up and defeated a Charade, 2 Lancers and a New Beetle. Man this thing is fast..........haha you call that competition? :lol: I have an 88 TN Magna and even I can line up my Mum in her Charade at the lights (even if she's a hoon) before I get out of 2nd gear! The XR6-T has a power-weight ratio almost twice my Magna...I would be worried if a Charade or even a Sirloin with mustard (Sirion GTI) overtook it.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Location: North Brisbane Posted 28/03/03 03:55 AM Posted 28/03/03 03:55 AM Have successfully lined up and defeated a Charade, 2 Lancers and a New Beetle. Man this thing is fast..........haha you call that competition? :lol: I have an 88 TN Magna and even I can line up my Mum in her Charade at the lights (even if she's a hoon) before I get out of 2nd gear! The XR6-T has a power-weight ratio almost twice my Magna...I would be worried if a Charade or even a Sirloin with mustard (Sirion GTI) overtook it. I hope you are joking dude because I am sure Trumpy was....................
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 28/03/03 04:03 AM Posted 28/03/03 04:03 AM [I have an 88 TN Magna and even I can line up my Mum in her Charade at the lights (even if she's a hoon) before I get out of 2nd gear! The XR6-T has a power-weight ratio almost twice my Magna...I would be worried if a Charade or even a Sirloin with mustard (Sirion GTI) overtook it.Sorry MattB, my post was not serious. The only person I bother about in the traffic light grand prix is my buddy from work on the way home. He has a V6 auto Late model camira and I am trying to convince him to upgrade to something faster. Keep the racing off the roads and away from other people.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now