Hitman Member 187 Member For: 23y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/11/04 01:29 AM Author Posted 08/11/04 01:29 AM No I been in a T with 4 spots in the back and they do pull up nicely but in my car you could feel in the braking that the backs where not doing a thing.
FamiliaGTRAe Team "I don't have no Falcon now" Member 387 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 08/11/04 04:56 AM Posted 08/11/04 04:56 AM G'day I shoulda said Hello to you while you were down there, as I was there too in my replacement for the XR6T....That's my Mates GTiR in the 2nd Pic, and Japanese it may be, but faster than XR6t it is! :-)Oh by the way Nice Spin in the 3rd Photo Cheers,Cameron
Hitman Member 187 Member For: 23y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/11/04 05:49 AM Author Posted 08/11/04 05:49 AM Yes it was fun, a bit sideways around that corner G'day I shoulda said Hello to you while you were down there, as I was there too in my replacement for the XR6T....That's my Mates GTiR in the 2nd Pic, and Japanese it may be, but faster than XR6t it is! :-)Oh by the way Nice Spin in the 3rd Photo Cheers,Cameron<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hitman Member 187 Member For: 23y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/11/04 05:53 AM Author Posted 08/11/04 05:53 AM (edited) Yes it was fun, a bit sideways around that corner G'day I shoulda said Hello to you while you were down there, as I was there too in my replacement for the XR6T....That's my Mates GTiR in the 2nd Pic, and Japanese it may be, but faster than XR6t it is! :-)Oh by the way Nice Spin in the 3rd Photo Cheers,Cameron<{POST_SNAPBACK}><{POST_SNAPBACK}>That GTiR was very fast; it has full respect from me Edited 08/11/04 05:54 AM by Hitman
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 08/11/04 09:36 AM Posted 08/11/04 09:36 AM No I been in a T with 4 spots in the back and they do pull up nicely but in my car you could feel in the braking that the backs where not doing a thing.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry but I don't understand. How could you tell? What did you do to test them? It seems just an anecdotal "seat of the pants" feeling you have???The reason I'm asking is that you requested advice, but it is hard to give it without knowing the current situation with your car. If I say, "yeah the four pots are the go for the back" without having good reason or argument to support the statement, then you may justly accuse me of advising you to throw money away unnecessarily.That's why I asked have you tested with the ABS disconnected. I don't believe you could reasonably judge the relative effectiveness of the front/rear brakes unless you did this.
Guest Guests Posted 08/11/04 01:48 PM Posted 08/11/04 01:48 PM pretzel did a corporate day with his race car there today were he tought wynn's staff to drive and then let them have a few laps at the wheel
Hitman Member 187 Member For: 23y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/11/04 11:51 PM Author Posted 08/11/04 11:51 PM No I been in a T with 4 spots in the back and they do pull up nicely but in my car you could feel in the braking that the backs where not doing a thing.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry but I don't understand. How could you tell? What did you do to test them? It seems just an anecdotal "seat of the pants" feeling you have???The reason I'm asking is that you requested advice, but it is hard to give it without knowing the current situation with your car. If I say, "yeah the four pots are the go for the back" without having good reason or argument to support the statement, then you may justly accuse me of advising you to throw money away unnecessarily.That's why I asked have you tested with the ABS disconnected. I don't believe you could reasonably judge the relative effectiveness of the front/rear brakes unless you did this.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Turbo6man, I s/w race brakes and they are going to look into issue they adv the same thing you have adv above "disconnected ABS unit for proper testing”.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 09/11/04 12:02 AM Posted 09/11/04 12:02 AM Thanks Turbo6man, I s/w race brakes and they are going to look into issue they adv the same thing you have adv above "disconnected ABS unit for proper testing”.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Let's know how you go.PS With my T3, ABS off, the fronts lock first. That's how I like it as I can rest assured that the rear isn't going to step aside or do anything nasty if I do happen to hit the pedal full-on. It has four-spots front and two-spots rear.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/04 05:26 AM Posted 09/11/04 05:26 AM Hey Hitman in the 3rd pic of the Jap car you posted it looks like your car loosing it onto the straight, is that right ?
Hitman Member 187 Member For: 23y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/04 05:40 AM Author Posted 09/11/04 05:40 AM Hey Hitman in the 3rd pic of the Jap car you posted it looks like your car loosing it onto the straight, is that right ?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think it's a bit sideways around that corner
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now