ELXR6 Member 13 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Posted 04/11/04 09:12 AM Posted 04/11/04 09:12 AM I have recently bought an XR6T (June 2004 build) and was just wondering if anyone knows wether there have been any changes made to the intake / exhaust systems of them in the past 12 months.The reason I ask is 'cos almost everything I've read both here and in reviews says how great the engine and exhaust sounds yet mine sounds very ordinary indeed, sounds pleasant enough below 4000rpm with a bit of a exhaust burble and turbo whine but once I take it to around 5000 it sounds very average, gets up and goes pretty well so there's nothing wrong with it I'm sure, just sounds like your average Falcon. All harsh engine noise and hardly anything melodious from the exhaust. It's only got 1400km's on it but that should make no difference to the intake and exhaust sound. Any thoughts ? .....apart from an APS Phase 2 kit, that's a way off yet
andyturbo Member 500 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Posted 04/11/04 09:41 AM Posted 04/11/04 09:41 AM that's exactly what I though when we test drove one, but once your at 5500rpm although it sounds like a normal 6 from the inside, outside once the sound has gone through the mufflers it sounds fantastic. I actully was disopointed with the engine sound so I got out of the car while my dad floorwed it past me and it sounded great, almost V8ish, now everytime I see a T gun it I get so excited I am happy for hours after.
eXtreme Member 149 Member For: 23y 6m Location: Geelong, Australia Posted 04/11/04 10:50 AM Posted 04/11/04 10:50 AM And then of course there is the Boss 290 GT! PICT0001.WAV
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 6d Location: Toowoomba Posted 04/11/04 03:37 PM Posted 04/11/04 03:37 PM ELXR6 - Keep in mind the BA series is very well insulated for outside noise, it has awesme NVH levels for an aussie built car, so although it sounds a little dissapointing from the inside it is giving many a young hopeful T owner a hard on from the outside. Get a mate to floor it for you when your standing on the side of the road and you will be pleasantly surprised, and if your not your too hard to please.Dazza.
ELXR6 Member 13 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Posted 05/11/04 02:41 AM Author Posted 05/11/04 02:41 AM Yeah, they do sound pretty bloody good from the outside, I've heard a couple in the past. Just wish some of that noise filtered to the inside where I am when the foot is to the floor !!
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 05/11/04 02:43 AM Posted 05/11/04 02:43 AM Yeah, they do sound pretty bloody good from the outside, I've heard a couple in the past. Just wish some of that noise filtered to the inside where I am when the foot is to the floor !!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Put the windows down. :lol: Geea.
Guest Guests Posted 05/11/04 04:10 AM Posted 05/11/04 04:10 AM Yeah, they do sound pretty bloody good from the outside, I've heard a couple in the past. Just wish some of that noise filtered to the inside where I am when the foot is to the floor !!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Put the windows down. :lol: Geea. :o<{POST_SNAPBACK}>And the back seats vik
KBB Member 55 Member For: 22y 10d Posted 05/11/04 06:52 AM Posted 05/11/04 06:52 AM yeah cut out the centre muff it sounds heaps better you can hear the turbo and it is quite burbly when crusiing around
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 27d Gender: Male Posted 05/11/04 07:48 AM Posted 05/11/04 07:48 AM Yeah, they do sound pretty bloody good from the outside, I've heard a couple in the past. Just wish some of that noise filtered to the inside where I am when the foot is to the floor !!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Put the windows down. :lol: Geea. :o<{POST_SNAPBACK}>And the back seats vik<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yip I do that to Gotta love it
stardust Member 537 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Brisbane Posted 05/11/04 10:47 AM Posted 05/11/04 10:47 AM Hmmm 5000 rpm in top gear yeah !!!! the sound would get left behind Ken
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now