Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 4d
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

Yesterday I went to take my T out for a drive, only to find that after unlocking my car the offside rear passenger door wouldn't open, as it was still locked.

I could open the door from the inside, but then found that I couldn't lock it.

I always press the remote twice to lock the car (primarily to hear the horn beep as an audible warning that the car is locked), and this worked OK, and the locks engaged on all doors with the exception of the rear passenger door. On opening the rear door, all locks dis-engaged and all doors could be opened. Great security.

I would have thought that should a lock fail to engage, then the horn would beep rapidly in succession, as it does if the doors aren't fully closed.

I was able to take the car to my local dealer, and they replaced the lock (under warranty) and everything is now good.

You have been warned....Locking the car may appear to lock the car (horn beeps on second remote press), buttons recess into door panels, but in reality it could still be open if you have a faulty lock.

Thanks Ford....great security.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 5d
  • Location: Shire
Posted
Thanks Ford....great security.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is obviously not a fault engineered into your car by Ford but a part failure, sorry but you cant expect everything to be absolutely failsafe.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 4d
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted

Thanks Ford....great security.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is obviously not a fault engineered into your car by Ford but a part failure, sorry but you cant expect everything to be absolutely failsafe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I appreciate that it was a part failure, however Ford have obviously not engineered any detection mechanisms, as they do with bulb failures and the like. It would be more prudent to provide an audible / visual warning, rather than give a false impression that the car is locked. They do this if you attempt to lock the car but the door's aren't fully shut, so surely it would be fairly simple to implement checks to ensure that the locks have engaged.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 3d
  • Location: Geelong, Australia
Posted

No offence, but if you think it's so simple you should do it yourself.

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted
I could open the door from the inside, but then found that I couldn't lock it.

On opening the rear door, all locks dis-engaged and all doors could be opened.  Great security.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The exact same thing happened to our AU series 2. Just lift the door handle from the outside and they all unlock right? :spit:

Ours was fixed easily :blink:

BTW- they usually break we were told if you hold the door handle on the inside open whilst pulling trhe door shut... so if you've got kid this may have happened?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...