Guest Guests Posted 31/10/04 03:11 PM Posted 31/10/04 03:11 PM hey guys other than me who has acess to a kart?I run my kart at somerton quite offen and thoght it would be good to catch up with some of you at the track.
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 01/11/04 11:44 PM Posted 01/11/04 11:44 PM I don't own one(Viks boys were into go-karts I think)but its got to be the best fun you can have out of bed.Even the faster hire karts give you a fair workout,sore arms and shoulders,bruised ribs etc,so I can imagine the faster ones or supercarts really give you a workout and a real fast ride!
FORDXR Member 80 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Posted 02/11/04 12:01 AM Posted 02/11/04 12:01 AM Dynowog, Yea I own/race a Rotax 125.I will be racing the Rotax at Wollongong this Sat or Sun (6&7th/11/04) if anyone is interested or has nothing better to do.The Super kart is more like racing a car then a sprint Kart, with 4wheel disks, 6speed very sticky tyres you just can’t have the same amount of fun in a car.BTW, the super kart is the red one, next to my Race mini.
Guest Guests Posted 02/11/04 12:34 AM Posted 02/11/04 12:34 AM If you have two sons and dont get into karts,then thers something wrong.It makes them hands on from a young age,cause your always fiddeling with the thing,change this,change that,stuff comes loose etc.Now they work on their own cars etc.The joy they had beating me,my fat guts you sure know youve been for a spinn afterwards,every thing hurts,the G forces are insane.If you havent tried it give it a go folks vik
Guest Guests Posted 02/11/04 01:41 PM Posted 02/11/04 01:41 PM Dynowog, Yea I own/race a Rotax 125.I will be racing the Rotax at Wollongong this Sat or Sun (6&7th/11/04) if anyone is interested or has nothing better to do.The Super kart is more like racing a car then a sprint Kart, with 4wheel disks, 6speed very sticky tyres you just can’t have the same amount of fun in a car.BTW, the super kart is the red one, next to my Race mini.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>what chassis are you using? cant tell in the photo!ill be running 2 new pheonix 125 rotax's in morwell this week end with matty hayes!
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Posted 03/11/04 04:01 AM Posted 03/11/04 04:01 AM Just out of interest, what would be a good setup and approximate cost for someone thinking about getting into karting? I love having a go at the hire karts but have been thinking about getting into it more seriously for a few years now. Considering I will be moving closer into the city soon I think I might sell the dirtbike (RMX250) and get into the karts...Do you guys compete or just take them out for fun etc..Cheers, Chris
FORDXR Member 80 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Posted 03/11/04 04:19 AM Posted 03/11/04 04:19 AM Dynowog, it is a Birel Chassis.cdm, I race and that is what I will be doing this Saturday and Sunday.It is a great sport, much more competitive then car racing and 1 kart fits in a T Ute beautifully.
Guest Guests Posted 03/11/04 06:10 AM Posted 03/11/04 06:10 AM Just out of interest, what would be a good setup and approximate cost for someone thinking about getting into karting? I love having a go at the hire karts but have been thinking about getting into it more seriously for a few years now. Considering I will be moving closer into the city soon I think I might sell the dirtbike (RMX250) and get into the karts...Do you guys compete or just take them out for fun etc..Cheers, Chris<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Depends where you go and the club rules,we were just social karters with a club,you got a key to get in ,no public cockheads,But insurance,change of policy,basically kicked us out of it.They wanted racing only.track times etc easier for them to run the jiontAs for cost,how fast do you wanna go=how much you got to spend...some things never change in life $=powerbest thing is to go to meets,and talk,most bloks are good about newbies vik
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Posted 03/11/04 06:55 AM Posted 03/11/04 06:55 AM Just out of interest, what would be a good setup and approximate cost for someone thinking about getting into karting? I love having a go at the hire karts but have been thinking about getting into it more seriously for a few years now. Considering I will be moving closer into the city soon I think I might sell the dirtbike (RMX250) and get into the karts...Do you guys compete or just take them out for fun etc..Cheers, Chris<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Depends where you go and the club rules,we were just social karters with a club,you got a key to get in ,no public cockheads,But insurance,change of policy,basically kicked us out of it.They wanted racing only.track times etc easier for them to run the jiontAs for cost,how fast do you wanna go=how much you got to spend...some things never change in life $=powerbest thing is to go to meets,and talk,most bloks are good about newbies vik<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Vik, I will look into it. I think I'd rather race against a clock for a while before I started competing! Would have to see how much I get for my bike before I put down some coin for a go kart....can't have too many toys lying around..Cheers, Chris
Guest Guests Posted 03/11/04 12:59 PM Posted 03/11/04 12:59 PM Just out of interest, what would be a good setup and approximate cost for someone thinking about getting into karting? I love having a go at the hire karts but have been thinking about getting into it more seriously for a few years now. Considering I will be moving closer into the city soon I think I might sell the dirtbike (RMX250) and get into the karts...Do you guys compete or just take them out for fun etc..Cheers, Chris<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have fun dont race as there is no point in running the superhvy classes but if you can imagine this a good hire kart has 6hp a good sprint kart has 17hp and a good rotax has 28hp
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now